Is your strategic plan in a mid-year slump?
Wednesday, 15th June 2022
If progress on your strategy seems stuck, it may be time to revisit your operational plan. The latest resources in Jinfo’s Focus on Centre of Excellence offer step-by-step guidance on how to break down a Big Vision into manageable, measurable pieces. Learn more about the practical steps you can take to get from Point A to Point B without overloading your team’s capacity.
It’s an old story: You’ve dedicated creative time and effort to a strategic plan that excites you and your stakeholders. But several months go by and there’s little, if any, progress on implementation.
If you’ve ever experienced this frustration, you’ll understand the value of Jinfo’s newest resources in our Focus on Centre of Excellence.
The Focus on Centre of Excellence captures our methodology for strategic planning, a process we’ve taken dozens of information teams through over the years.
When the current materials were published to the site in 2021, they culminated with “Step five – your evolution work plan”, which provides a high-level view of what it takes to translate your strategy into operations.
But that’s only the start of the implementation process. When we take clients through the Centre of Excellence methodology, we go deeper into the nuts-and-bolts of making measurable (if sometimes slow) progress from Point A to Point B.
Now, we’ve captured the concepts by expanding the published materials in the Focus on Centre of Excellence to include two additional steps:
- Step six - make practical progress
- Step seven - down in the details.
These two steps get into the nitty-gritty of day-to-day change. As with the other steps in the Focus, they comprise a recorded webinar explaining the principles of the step, plus an activity-based article walking through the process.
Jinfo clients have immediate access to these materials, and as always, we’re happy to answer questions, help you apply the guidance and suggest adaptations to align our process with the unique characteristics of your environment.
We are currently developing engagements for October 2022 and beyond. You can secure your spot to work with us on 2023 strategic planning and your evolution as an Information Centre of Excellence by contacting us today.
"Is your strategic plan in a mid-year slump?"
15th June 2022
If progress on your strategy seems stuck, it may be time to revisit your operational plan. The latest resources in Jinfo's Focus on Centre of Excellence offer step-by-step guidance on how to break down a Big Vision into manageable, measurable pieces. Learn more about the practical steps you can take to get from Point A to Point B without overloading your team's capacity.Read on the Blog
- Meet these four requirements to make progress on information strategy
Wednesday, 29th June 2022
- Is your strategic plan in a mid-year slump?
Wednesday, 15th June 2022
- Does your data tell a story to your stakeholders?
Wednesday, 25th May 2022
- The Inside Circle – let’s talk talent (Community) Monday, 31st October 2022
- The Inside Circle – let’s talk suppliers (Community) Friday, 30th September 2022
- Plan your work, work your plan (Community) Thursday, 9th June 2022
- Centre of Excellence (step seven - ready, aim, fire) (Webinar) Tuesday, 28th June 2022
- Centre of Excellence (step six - making strategy operational) (Webinar) Wednesday, 15th June 2022
- Making data meaningful (Webinar) Tuesday, 17th May 2022