My Favourite Tipples from a pharma information centre manager
Wednesday, 14th December 2016
My Favourite Tipples are shared by Arthur Robbins, the library and information centre manager at the Roche offices in Hertfordshire. In the ever-changing pharmaceutical industry, library and information professionals must stay a step ahead to enable their users to innovate. He shares his favourite online resources in areas from video to collaboration.
I'm library and information centre manager at Roche, a pharmaceutical company based in Welwyn Garden City, as well as the more traditional aspects of information management, much of my role is about creating engaging content to attract users to our high quality resources, and looking at tools which just make life easier.
- Spark Video: Originally called Adobe Voice, this app is available on the iPad and desktop. It has to be the most simple video creation software I have ever used. All the content provided is licensed for reuse, so simply fire up the app, record your voice, add some music and pictures and you have yourself a video ready to go viral.
- Canva: I am terrible at art. Awful. I dreaded creating posters, flyers and wordles for our library events. However with Canva you can use free graphic design software and templates to make everything look professional. Some content is Pay As You Go but with the right search terms you can find a design to suit your needs.
- IFTT: Also known as If This Then That. A brilliant little app that runs in the background linking your favourite apps and services together with a little program called an Applet. You can link anything together, for example you can send yourself a text when your weather app forecasts rain. You can switch your heating on when you enter or leave a specific location. I personally have mine set up to send me an urgent email everytime I add something to my Notes app. It's been a lifesaver.
- Padlet: Padlet is a quick and informal way to collaborate. I like to use Padlet at company inductions as a Q&A. New starters can anonymously ask questions by writing little interactive Post-it notes. You can add sound and images too if you like and all changes are autosaved. There's no need for people to log in either as long as you have shared the link.
- Lifecake: The resource I like to use for fun is Lifecake. As a new father I can upload and share a massive amount of photos with family. Better, all photos are displayed chronologically so you can watch your little one grow.
An article in Jinfo which I found particularly interesting:
- A Jinfo article I recently found interesting was "Revolutionising big pharma with big data, visualisation and analytics" by Michelle Maxwell. Big data is a hot topic amongst information professionals in the pharma industry and trying to leverage this information into an edge.
Contribute Your "My Favourite Tipples"
- Blog post title: My Favourite Tipples from a pharma information centre manager
- Link to this page
- View printable version
- Revolutionising big pharma with big data, visualisation and analytics
Friday, 25th November 2016
- My Favourite Tipples from a business analytics professional
Wednesday, 30th November 2016
- My Favourite Tipples from a Twitter research expert
Thursday, 17th November 2016
- My Favourite Tipples from an enquiry answering expert
Thursday, 3rd November 2016
Five newly recorded webinars on how to complete the activities in our Focus on Value Chain now available.
Express value the way stakeholders do with Value Chain analysis
"I can now sit in a meeting with my stakeholders and articulate the role information plays in their workflows. They understand our contribution to their success." Information Senior Scientist, heavy manufacturing industry
With Jinfo Consulting, you get accountability, fine-tuned guidance and industry-wide perspective.
- Capacity comes from strategy
Wednesday, 15th September 2021
- Tie portfolio value to commercial impact
Monday, 13th September 2021
- Theory, practice, and demonstrating ROI
Thursday, 9th September 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step five - your evolution work plan)
Wednesday, 11th August 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step four - assess your team’s characteristics)
Tuesday, 22nd June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step three - envision your Known Fors)
Thursday, 10th June 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - make progress on your evolution, with your peers
Friday, 23rd July 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - examples of Pillars of Service and Known Fors
Wednesday, 23rd June 2021
- Community deck - scorecards - how information teams are designing and using them
Wednesday, 2nd June 2021
- Investment philosophies for strategic portfolio management (Community) Thursday, 2nd December 2021
- Negotiation role-play for content licensing professionals (Community) Thursday, 7th October 2021
- Teeing up value-based budget conversations for content licensing (Community) Tuesday, 21st September 2021
- Value Chain (step five - putting the Value Chain together) (Webinar) Tuesday, 31st August 2021
- Value Chain (step four - measurement - selecting and collecting data) (Webinar) Monday, 30th August 2021
- Value Chain (step three - your contributions to the Value Chain) (Webinar) Friday, 27th August 2021
Our proven processes, resources and guidance will help your team make the shift from transaction centre to strategic asset.
Designed around the most common challenges and pain points for time- and resource-strapped information teams
A tailored overview of our research and active discussion with your Jinfo analyst.
Measure your starting point to articulate your strengths and set priorities for future improvements. Assessments gauge risk, capacity, value and more.
Read case studies, and start the conversation: