Competitive intelligence meets current awareness in Aurora FirstLight
Monday, 5th February 2018
The current awareness and competitive intelligence space offers many options in terms of complexity of product and platform. Where does Aurora FirstLight sit in this mix?
Aurora FirstLight is a SaaS (Software as a Service) platform and competitive intelligence product that can mine, gather, analyse and distribute critical insights to help organisations make better, more informed decisions.
Find out what our researcher thought of the product by logging in to view Jinfo's "Product review of Aurora FirstLight". If you do not have a Jinfo Subscription you can purchase the report with a credit card.
One small step for an organisation, one giant leap for current awareness
Aurora FirstLight is aimed at information professionals, competitive intelligence staff, market research departments, sales teams, and marketing and business development staff. For managers and executives working in these fields, help in making important strategic decisions is vital.
For these organisations, Aurora FirstLight boasts the ability to take current awareness one step further.
Read our review to find out who Jinfo thinks would get the most value from using this product - and why.
Using machine learning for a competitive intelligence edge
So how is Aurora FirstLight taking current awareness to the next level? By using machine-learning algorithms to search through a range of public and private data sources.
It's also interesting that the product's future plans include introducing gamification techniques to help leaders "boost their confidence in decision-making and stay one step ahead of their competition".
Jinfo's 32-page review of Aurora FirstLight delves further into the product, concentrating on:
- An intricate and informative summary of the product's technology, including user interface, dashboard and widgets
- How to add a newsfeed
- Adding a newsletter using the built-in template and customising it with your own branding
- The value of Aurora FirstLight, and whether its experience as a research company has helped it create an ideal product for information professionals and data analysts
- Who FirstLight considers to be its competitors
- Pricing - three pricing options are explained
- Jinfo's likes and dislikes - including issues we had as a new user, and how they were solved by FirstLight.
As with testing any product, there will always be issues. Our reviewer did have to contact FirstLight's support team, and felt they responded quickly and adequately.
Read our full report to find out how Jinfo felt that FirstLight dealt with the issues we had, and what our reviewer felt could be improved.
>> If you have a Jinfo Subscription you can log in now to access the Product review of Aurora FirstLight <<
- Blog post title: Competitive intelligence meets current awareness in Aurora FirstLight
- Link to this page
- View printable version
"My stakeholders finally understand what we do" – Senior Information Manager, manufacturing industry
Work on information strategy in 2022 with Jinfo if you want to:
- Measure, communicate and improve the ROI of information
- Consistently dedicate time to strategy, despite competing demands
- Build on methods tested and proven in other organisations.
For more on how your organisation benefits and how to get started, check out our "Spotlight on strategy".
- There's no information strategy without stakeholder engagement
Wednesday, 1st December 2021
- Measure the impact of information with Value Chain analysis
Monday, 22nd November 2021
- You know more than you think you do
Tuesday, 16th November 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step five - your evolution work plan)
Wednesday, 11th August 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step four - assess your team’s characteristics)
Tuesday, 22nd June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step three - envision your Known Fors)
Thursday, 10th June 2021
- Community deck - negotiation role-play for content licensing professionals
Monday, 18th October 2021
- Community deck - teeing up value-based budget conversations for content licensing
Thursday, 30th September 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - make progress on your evolution, with your peers
Friday, 23rd July 2021
- Stakeholder engagement strategy – tips and tools (Community) Tuesday, 22nd February 2022
- Overcoming the barriers to progress on information strategy (Community) Tuesday, 11th January 2022
- Investment philosophies for strategic portfolio management (Community) Thursday, 2nd December 2021
- Value Chain (step five - putting the Value Chain together) (Webinar) Tuesday, 31st August 2021
- Value Chain (step four - measurement - selecting and collecting data) (Webinar) Monday, 30th August 2021
- Value Chain (step three - your contributions to the Value Chain) (Webinar) Friday, 27th August 2021