Privacy - Comply If You Want to Stay in Business
3rd February 2014
Privacy and data protection remain hot issues, likely to impose greater costs and regulatory burdens on business. The European Commission has given the United States Department of Commerce until summer to come up with improvements to the Safe Harbor scheme, and the Federal Trade Commission has issued assurances that the scheme is a priority. Meanwhile the heads of the US Department of Justice and National Security Agency have just agreed to allow internet companies to disclose more to the public about official demands for personal data, and Microsoft has broken ranks with competitors by allowing customer data to be stored outside the US.
Access to Jinfo articles and reports is a benefit of a Jinfo Subscription.
Does your organisation have a Jinfo Subscription?
"Yes, we subscribe"
Please sign in here so that we can check your access to this item:
Submit the Subscription Question form to find out if someone in your organisation already has a subscription or to discuss your questions or requirements.
Or use the 'Text Chat' button at the bottom-right of this page for immediate assistance.
- Article title: Privacy - Comply If You Want to Stay in Business
- Link to this page
- View printable version
- Privacy vs Freedom - It's Going to Get Harder
Tuesday, 24th December 2013
- Stirring the Cookie Mix: Google and Data Protection
Friday, 22nd November 2013
- Cookies Headed for Waste Bin as Europe Gets Tougher on Privacy?
Thursday, 21st November 2013
- Gartner Predictions for Sensitive Government Data
Thursday, 7th November 2013
- Is Our Private Data Due to Become More Open?
Monday, 7th October 2013
- Return on Information Investment - Breakthrough At Last?
Monday, 12th August 2013
- Privacy in the Cloud - Jobs for the Techies and for Info Pros Too
Wednesday, 10th July 2013
- Good Guy, Bad Guy - Privacy Spells Opportunity
Wednesday, 5th June 2013
Improve your negotiation position, measure performance of your portfolio of external content, and communicate more effectively with stakeholders.
A Jinfo Subscription gets you access to activity-based content to move your projects forward, plus dynamic peer group discussions on meaty topics.
- Research update - aspiring to “strategic”? You’re in good company
Thursday, 18th February 2021
- Research update - assess your strategic portfolio management needs
Thursday, 4th February 2021
- Become a more strategic content portfolio manager
Thursday, 28th January 2021
- Dashboard and collaboration (use-case - intelligence)
Wednesday, 17th February 2021
- Comparison of content management features (use-case - intelligence)
Tuesday, 16th February 2021
- Mini review of Global Market Model
Tuesday, 2nd February 2021
- Community deck - State of the industry, 2021
Wednesday, 24th February 2021
- Product review of Aurora's FirstLight
Monday, 11th January 2021
- Market landscape - patent products
Monday, 21st December 2020
- Negotiation clinic - role-play and Q&A (Community) Tuesday, 13th April 2021
- Usage data in contract negotiations (Community) Tuesday, 23rd March 2021
- Pricing models for information and data licensing (Community) Tuesday, 2nd March 2021
- Comparative product evaluation - breaking it down into manageable pieces (Webinar) Tuesday, 19th January 2021
- The importance of current awareness tracking (Webinar) Tuesday, 12th January 2021
- State of the Industry, 2021 (Webinar) Tuesday, 5th January 2021