Privacy - Comply If You Want to Stay in Business
3rd February 2014
Privacy and data protection remain hot issues, likely to impose greater costs and regulatory burdens on business. The European Commission has given the United States Department of Commerce until summer to come up with improvements to the Safe Harbor scheme, and the Federal Trade Commission has issued assurances that the scheme is a priority. Meanwhile the heads of the US Department of Justice and National Security Agency have just agreed to allow internet companies to disclose more to the public about official demands for personal data, and Microsoft has broken ranks with competitors by allowing customer data to be stored outside the US.
Access to Jinfo articles and reports is a benefit of Content and Community.
Does your organisation have access to Content and Community?
"Yes, we subscribe"
Please sign in here so that we can check your access to this item:
- Article title: Privacy - Comply If You Want to Stay in Business
- Link to this page
- View printable version
- Privacy vs Freedom - It's Going to Get Harder
Tuesday, 24th December 2013
- Stirring the Cookie Mix: Google and Data Protection
Friday, 22nd November 2013
- Cookies Headed for Waste Bin as Europe Gets Tougher on Privacy?
Thursday, 21st November 2013
- Gartner Predictions for Sensitive Government Data
Thursday, 7th November 2013
- Is Our Private Data Due to Become More Open?
Monday, 7th October 2013
- Return on Information Investment - Breakthrough At Last?
Monday, 12th August 2013
- Privacy in the Cloud - Jobs for the Techies and for Info Pros Too
Wednesday, 10th July 2013
- Good Guy, Bad Guy - Privacy Spells Opportunity
Wednesday, 5th June 2013
"I never before fully appreciated the role the information service plays in R&D productivity and innovation. This isn't something that benefits our department; this is something that benefits the whole of R&D."
You can make the impact of information on successful R&D visible and measurable, with Value Chain analysis.
Let us help you map Jinfo's Focus areas to your particular challenges with information strategy and operations.
- Gain confidence and trust through new vocabulary
Wednesday, 13th October 2021
- Manage your content portfolio for risk
Monday, 11th October 2021
- Is your content advisory board primed for strategy in 2022?
Thursday, 7th October 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step five - your evolution work plan)
Wednesday, 11th August 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step four - assess your team’s characteristics)
Tuesday, 22nd June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step three - envision your Known Fors)
Thursday, 10th June 2021
- Community deck - negotiation role-play for content licensing professionals
Monday, 18th October 2021
- Community deck - teeing up value-based budget conversations for content licensing
Thursday, 30th September 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - make progress on your evolution, with your peers
Friday, 23rd July 2021
- Investment philosophies for strategic portfolio management (Community) Thursday, 2nd December 2021
- Negotiation role-play for content licensing professionals (Community) Thursday, 7th October 2021
- Teeing up value-based budget conversations for content licensing (Community) Tuesday, 21st September 2021
- Value Chain (step five - putting the Value Chain together) (Webinar) Tuesday, 31st August 2021
- Value Chain (step four - measurement - selecting and collecting data) (Webinar) Monday, 30th August 2021
- Value Chain (step three - your contributions to the Value Chain) (Webinar) Friday, 27th August 2021