Product review of Aurora's FirstLight
11th January 2021
Aurora's FirstLight is an intelligence SaaS (Software as a Service) platform, and a powerful competitive intelligence product. It uses machine learning algorithms to mine public and private data sources and can help organisations make more informed business decisions.
Jinfo last looked at the product at the beginning of 2018 and we now take another look to find out what's changed.
Introduces the company and product as well as outlining some of its key advantages
Looks at the product's users, particularly library and information professionals, and those working in the competitive intelligence field as well as sales and marketing staff
Examines how the product has evolved since we last reviewed it in 2018
Covers the help and training available within the product
Delves into the technology behind the product, with a specific focus on its automation capabilities, and its use of big data and natural language processing
Explores how a user would interact with the system and the process involved in a typical implementation of the Enterprise Edition
Focuses on the competitor landscape which includes big names such as LexisNexis, Thomson Reuters and Dow Jones as well as Meltwater, Manzama, and Northern Light, amongst others
Highlights the range of external and internal sources that can be included in this highly customised application, including paid subscriptions, social media, blogs, scientific journals and news databases, to name a few
Finds out about its range of pricing options
Concludes with a look at what product enhancements are in the pipeline over the next few years, including continued enhancements to the user interface, user experience and to the data visualisations.
By Andrew Lucas
Access to Jinfo articles and reports is a benefit of Content and Community.
Does your organisation have access to Content and Community?
"Yes, we subscribe"
Please sign in here so that we can check your access to this item:
- Report title: Product review of Aurora's FirstLight
- Pages: 22
- Link to this page
- View printable version
- Product review of Aurora's FirstLight (value - purchasing, development and competitor landscape)
Thursday, 14th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora's FirstLight (technology - search & user interface; outputs & alerts; administration)
Wednesday, 13th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora's FirstLight (sources - content and coverage)
Tuesday, 12th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora's FirstLight (key advantages, introduction and contact details)
Monday, 11th January 2021
- Competitive intelligence meets current awareness in Aurora FirstLight
Monday, 5th February 2018
"I never before fully appreciated the role the information service plays in R&D productivity and innovation. This isn't something that benefits our department; this is something that benefits the whole of R&D."
You can make the impact of information on successful R&D visible and measurable, with Value Chain analysis.
Let us help you map Jinfo's Focus areas to your particular challenges with information strategy and operations.
- Gain confidence and trust through new vocabulary
Wednesday, 13th October 2021
- Manage your content portfolio for risk
Monday, 11th October 2021
- Is your content advisory board primed for strategy in 2022?
Thursday, 7th October 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step five - your evolution work plan)
Wednesday, 11th August 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step four - assess your team’s characteristics)
Tuesday, 22nd June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step three - envision your Known Fors)
Thursday, 10th June 2021
- Community deck - negotiation role-play for content licensing professionals
Monday, 18th October 2021
- Community deck - teeing up value-based budget conversations for content licensing
Thursday, 30th September 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - make progress on your evolution, with your peers
Friday, 23rd July 2021
- Investment philosophies for strategic portfolio management (Community) Thursday, 2nd December 2021
- Negotiation role-play for content licensing professionals (Community) Thursday, 7th October 2021
- Teeing up value-based budget conversations for content licensing (Community) Tuesday, 21st September 2021
- Value Chain (step five - putting the Value Chain together) (Webinar) Tuesday, 31st August 2021
- Value Chain (step four - measurement - selecting and collecting data) (Webinar) Monday, 30th August 2021
- Value Chain (step three - your contributions to the Value Chain) (Webinar) Friday, 27th August 2021