Scott Brown is a cybrarian at Oracle, Inc. and the owner of Social Information Group, an independent information practice that focuses on the effective use of social networking tools for sharing and finding information. His book, Social Information: Gaining Competitive and Business Information Using Social Media Tools, was published in September 2012. He has over 20 years of experience in library and information organisations.
Articles by Scott Brown:
My Favourite Tipples from a digital disruption tracker
Wednesday, 6th June 2018
My Favourite Tipples are shared by Scott Brown, senior cybrarian at Oracle, Inc. and owner of Social Information Group. He shares a few of his favourite online sources from the perspective of "digital disruption", a hot topic in the high-tech industry.
Future-proofing your information service, in the company of peers
Monday, 2nd April 2018
Co-facilitator Scott Brown reflects on the Community series "Future-proof your information service" which offered participants the opportunity to work on structured approaches and to take practical frameworks and models back to their organisations.
My Favourite Tipples from a competitive tech researcher
Wednesday, 24th August 2016
My Favourite Tipples are shared by Scott Brown, cybrarian at Oracle, Inc. and owner of Social Information Group. He shares a few of his favourite online sources, both from the high-tech and competitive realm as well as the the sphere of Brexit and "obsessions".
What Are We Doing?
Tuesday, 11th December 2012
The framing question of this Information Practice Newsletter editorial seems to be: what are we doing? The tone of that question seems fraught with existential angst, but this issue provides some practical guidance.
Right Time, Place, Skill Set, Mind Set
Tuesday, 27th November 2012
Robin Neidorf observes that our work as information professionals is perhaps not about trying to manage knowledge ‘but the application of knowledge: enabling the right know-how to emerge for workers at just the right time and place’. While this can seem like a random and serendipitous event, well outside of our control, how can we consciously create an environment for this to happen more often?
Reports by Scott Brown:
FreePint Report: Product Review of Attensa StreamServer
Monday, 13th August 2012
The Attensa StreamServer is an enterprise-scale content management and delivery application. Attensa bills the product as providing "enterprise inform...
Five newly recorded webinars on how to complete the activities in our Focus on Value Chain now available.
Express value the way stakeholders do with Value Chain analysis
"I can now sit in a meeting with my stakeholders and articulate the role information plays in their workflows. They understand our contribution to their success." Information Senior Scientist, heavy manufacturing industry
With Jinfo Consulting, you get accountability, fine-tuned guidance and industry-wide perspective.
- Portfolio value is an inside job
Thursday, 23rd September 2021
- Capacity comes from strategy
Wednesday, 15th September 2021
- Tie portfolio value to commercial impact
Monday, 13th September 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step five - your evolution work plan)
Wednesday, 11th August 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step four - assess your team’s characteristics)
Tuesday, 22nd June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step three - envision your Known Fors)
Thursday, 10th June 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - make progress on your evolution, with your peers
Friday, 23rd July 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - examples of Pillars of Service and Known Fors
Wednesday, 23rd June 2021
- Community deck - scorecards - how information teams are designing and using them
Wednesday, 2nd June 2021
- Investment philosophies for strategic portfolio management (Community) Thursday, 2nd December 2021
- Negotiation role-play for content licensing professionals (Community) Thursday, 7th October 2021
- Teeing up value-based budget conversations for content licensing (Community) Tuesday, 21st September 2021
- Value Chain (step five - putting the Value Chain together) (Webinar) Tuesday, 31st August 2021
- Value Chain (step four - measurement - selecting and collecting data) (Webinar) Monday, 30th August 2021
- Value Chain (step three - your contributions to the Value Chain) (Webinar) Friday, 27th August 2021