Articles that help raise the value of information in your organisation, available to Jinfo clients.
Centre of Excellence (step five - your evolution work plan)
11th August 2021
A practical work plan is essential for turning your vision as a Centre of Excellence into a reality. Previous steps in the Focus on Centre of Excellence walked through analysing and identifying opportunities and gaps in your services, relationships with stakeholders and team characteristics. In the final part of our series, we guide you through the process for implementing a practical work plan.
Does your team have the right "soft skills" to develop your vision for an Information Centre of Excellence? We previously focused on services and functions but the activities in this article help you to assess your teams for these softer skills and better understand your strengths and weaknesses. This is the fourth in a five-part series of articles outlining the process for developing your future as an Information Centre of Excellence.
Centre of Excellence (step three - envision your Known Fors)
10th June 2021
The concept of Known Fors establishes what you want your information service to be known for. What are the phrases and characteristics you aspire others to use when they think of your team? The activity in this article walks you through the process of developing Known Fors as part of your evolution towards a Centre of Excellence. This is the third in a five-part series of articles outlining the process for developing your future as an Information Centre of Excellence.
This is the second of a five-part series of articles exploring Jinfo's Information Centre of Excellence and how it can be used to shape your information strategy and expertise to the needs of your organisation. In part two we build on your results of part one as reference material for developing and documenting your Pillars of Service.
This is the first in a five-part series of articles that explores Jinfo's Information Centre of Excellence and how it can be used to shape your information strategy and expertise to the needs of your organisation. Part one looks at mapping your current services to the Centre of Excellence model and highlighting any gaps.
Crafting a scorecard (step five - capture inputs)
18th May 2021
This is the final part of our series of articles on developing your own scorecards. Parts one to four looked at setting goals and priorities, selecting components, designing your scoring system and documenting scores. This final part determines how you will capture the data that forms the foundation of your completed scorecards.
Crafting a scorecard (step four - document scores)
22nd April 2021
This is the fourth of five articles that help you develop your own scorecards. Parts one to three looked at setting goals and priorities, selecting components and how to design your scoring system. This fourth article looks at what each of the scores in your scoring system actually means.
Crafting a scorecard (step three - design your scoring system)
21st April 2021
This is the third of five articles that aims to help you develop your own scorecards. Parts one and two helped you set goals and priorities and select components. In this article, we find out how to design your scoring system, particularly the quantitative and qualitative options you should include to align your scoring system with your goals for using your scorecards.
Crafting a scorecard (step two - select components)
15th April 2021
This is the second of five articles that aims to help you develop your own scorecards. In this article, we examine the components you should consider including on your scorecard to ensure it addresses your organisation’s priorities.
Crafting a scorecard (step one - set goals and priorities)
13th April 2021
Scorecards are a useful tool when it comes to content licensing. This article is the first of five that guides you through a series of activities to help you design and create your own scorecards. This first article helps you define your goals and set your priorities.
"My stakeholders finally understand what we do" – Senior Information Manager, manufacturing industry
Work on information strategy in 2022 with Jinfo if you want to:
- Measure, communicate and improve the ROI of information
- Consistently dedicate time to strategy, despite competing demands
- Build on methods tested and proven in other organisations.
For more on how your organisation benefits and how to get started, check out our "Spotlight on strategy".
- There's no information strategy without stakeholder engagement
Wednesday, 1st December 2021
- Measure the impact of information with Value Chain analysis
Monday, 22nd November 2021
- You know more than you think you do
Tuesday, 16th November 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step five - your evolution work plan)
Wednesday, 11th August 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step four - assess your team’s characteristics)
Tuesday, 22nd June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step three - envision your Known Fors)
Thursday, 10th June 2021
- Community deck - negotiation role-play for content licensing professionals
Monday, 18th October 2021
- Community deck - teeing up value-based budget conversations for content licensing
Thursday, 30th September 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - make progress on your evolution, with your peers
Friday, 23rd July 2021
- Stakeholder engagement strategy – tips and tools (Community) Tuesday, 22nd February 2022
- Overcoming the barriers to progress on information strategy (Community) Tuesday, 11th January 2022
- Investment philosophies for strategic portfolio management (Community) Thursday, 2nd December 2021
- Value Chain (step five - putting the Value Chain together) (Webinar) Tuesday, 31st August 2021
- Value Chain (step four - measurement - selecting and collecting data) (Webinar) Monday, 30th August 2021
- Value Chain (step three - your contributions to the Value Chain) (Webinar) Friday, 27th August 2021