Theresa Cramer is the editor of EContent magazine and Intranets newsletter. She is a 10 year veteran of the publishing industry with a background in both newspaper and book publishing. Follow her on Twitter @TheresaCramer.
Articles by Theresa Cramer:
Getting control of policies and procedures at Edwards County Hospital
Tuesday, 31st July 2012
Although intranets have been around for many years, plenty of organisations have not yet maximised their usage... or even implemented one, despite their potential to improve internal communications, adherence to policy and workflow. A county hospital in Kansas took a process-oriented approach to develop a much-needed intranet, overcoming internal technical and cultural challenges along the way.
Edwards County Hospital takes control of internal communications with new intranet
Tuesday, 31st July 2012
Not every business benefits from a full customisable intranet solution. Many smaller and mid-sized organisations are in fact better off with a tool with an underlying design specific to their industry, which they can further customise to meet their unique needs. Such was the case with a county hospital in the U.S. when the time came to investigate intranet infrastructure. Rather than the full bells and whistles of a Sharepoint, the hospital opted for a system designed for health care. The result was a successful implementation that managers and line staff feel comfortable with and which fully meets the hospital's needs for streamlined communication, management of policies and procedures and schedule management, among other applications.
Five newly recorded webinars on how to complete the activities in our Focus on Value Chain now available.
Express value the way stakeholders do with Value Chain analysis
"I can now sit in a meeting with my stakeholders and articulate the role information plays in their workflows. They understand our contribution to their success." Information Senior Scientist, heavy manufacturing industry
With Jinfo Consulting, you get accountability, fine-tuned guidance and industry-wide perspective.
- Portfolio value is an inside job
Thursday, 23rd September 2021
- Capacity comes from strategy
Wednesday, 15th September 2021
- Tie portfolio value to commercial impact
Monday, 13th September 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step five - your evolution work plan)
Wednesday, 11th August 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step four - assess your team’s characteristics)
Tuesday, 22nd June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step three - envision your Known Fors)
Thursday, 10th June 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - make progress on your evolution, with your peers
Friday, 23rd July 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - examples of Pillars of Service and Known Fors
Wednesday, 23rd June 2021
- Community deck - scorecards - how information teams are designing and using them
Wednesday, 2nd June 2021
- Investment philosophies for strategic portfolio management (Community) Thursday, 2nd December 2021
- Negotiation role-play for content licensing professionals (Community) Thursday, 7th October 2021
- Teeing up value-based budget conversations for content licensing (Community) Tuesday, 21st September 2021
- Value Chain (step five - putting the Value Chain together) (Webinar) Tuesday, 31st August 2021
- Value Chain (step four - measurement - selecting and collecting data) (Webinar) Monday, 30th August 2021
- Value Chain (step three - your contributions to the Value Chain) (Webinar) Friday, 27th August 2021