Chris Vestal is a contract employee of ASRC Management Services in Washington, D.C. supporting its contract with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. He supervises a team of patent researchers and assists patent examiners researching subjects related to patent applications in the fields of nanotechnology, optics, magnetic resonance, and musical instruments. An active member of SLA, he was recipient of its 2010 Rising Star Award.
Currently he serves as Communication"s Secretary for the Washington DC Chapter of SLA, overseeing the chapter"s online presence.
Articles by Chris Vestal:
Information that fits the job just-right - A VIP Editorial
Wednesday, 20th June 2012
As a patent researcher, on any given day I'm basically on a digital scavenger hunt, trying to find just the right piece of information that could fit my client’s needs. Instead of an entire article or report, oftentimes it comes down to finding one or two sentences in lengthy publications to help disprove an invention’s novelty.
Five newly recorded webinars on how to complete the activities in our Focus on Value Chain now available.
Express value the way stakeholders do with Value Chain analysis
"I can now sit in a meeting with my stakeholders and articulate the role information plays in their workflows. They understand our contribution to their success." Information Senior Scientist, heavy manufacturing industry
With Jinfo Consulting, you get accountability, fine-tuned guidance and industry-wide perspective.
- Capacity comes from strategy
Wednesday, 15th September 2021
- Tie portfolio value to commercial impact
Monday, 13th September 2021
- Theory, practice, and demonstrating ROI
Thursday, 9th September 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step five - your evolution work plan)
Wednesday, 11th August 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step four - assess your team’s characteristics)
Tuesday, 22nd June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step three - envision your Known Fors)
Thursday, 10th June 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - make progress on your evolution, with your peers
Friday, 23rd July 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - examples of Pillars of Service and Known Fors
Wednesday, 23rd June 2021
- Community deck - scorecards - how information teams are designing and using them
Wednesday, 2nd June 2021
- Investment philosophies for strategic portfolio management (Community) Thursday, 2nd December 2021
- Negotiation role-play for content licensing professionals (Community) Thursday, 7th October 2021
- Teeing up value-based budget conversations for content licensing (Community) Tuesday, 21st September 2021
- Value Chain (step five - putting the Value Chain together) (Webinar) Tuesday, 31st August 2021
- Value Chain (step four - measurement - selecting and collecting data) (Webinar) Monday, 30th August 2021
- Value Chain (step three - your contributions to the Value Chain) (Webinar) Friday, 27th August 2021