John DiGilio is the National Manager of Research Services for Reed Smith, LLP. He has over 15 years of large law firm library and legal information vendor experience. John has proudly been affiliated with such industry standouts as Thomson Reuters, where he served as a Librarian Relations Manager, and K&L Gates, where he was the Firmwide Legal and Business Research Librarian/ Instructor for many years. He is the Past-Chair of SLA"s Legal Division and a 2012 candidate for SLA Treasurer. John manages the popular On Firmer Ground and TILT blogs.
Articles by John DiGilio:
Mini Review of Bloomberg Law App
Friday, 29th January 2016
Continuing FreePint's collection of reviews of apps for legal research, John DiGilio looks at the Bloomberg Law app for iOS and Android devices. He considers elements such as ease of use, search, results presentation, standalone access and value and concludes that in designing its own mobile offering, Bloomberg BNA has taken a different route from its competitors, such as Westlaw, Nexis, HeinOnline and Fastcase.
My Favourite Tipples from a Legal Research Expert
Wednesday, 6th January 2016
My Favourite Tipples are shared by John DiGilio, national manager of Research Services for Reed Smith LLP. A writer and tech blogger in his spare time, John oversees the library research team for the firm's offices in the United States.
Mini Review of HeinOnline App
Tuesday, 11th August 2015
Continuing his collection of articles reviewing mobile apps for legal research, John DiGilio assesses the HeinOnline app for iPhone and iPad. The app puts more than 2,000 legal periodicals at the user’s fingertips, in a simple, intuitive way. He examines whether the historical depth of coverage and ease of use for which its web-based flagship is well known is fully replicated here. He also looks at search (including image search), results presentation, billing, value and competitiveness.
Mini Review of Fastcase HD
Wednesday, 8th July 2015
John DiGilio reviews the popular Fastcase HD mobile app. A free, virtual library of US primary source materials available via smartphone, it is ranked as one of the most downloaded apps for legal research. John finds out why this standalone solution and complement to Fastcase on the web is so popular.
Lexis Advance HD & the Mobile Market
Friday, 22nd May 2015
Following his review of Lexis Advance HD, John DiGilio selects some highlights of the mobile app version of LexisNexis' award-winning Lexis Advance platform.
Reports by John DiGilio:
FreePint Report: Product Review of Westlaw Practitioner Insights
Thursday, 16th January 2014
Westlaw Practitioner Insights is a legal information database which offers practice-specific information from a range of sources including the Westlaw...
FreePint Report: Product Review of ALM Legal Intelligence
Monday, 9th September 2013
As the legal industry continues to become increasingly more competitive, firms large and small are striving to achieve some sort of advantage. ALM Leg...
FreePint Report: Enterprise Collaboration
Wednesday, 25th July 2012
Workers are increasingly expecting -- and expected to -- collaborate through tools that connect them to each other easily, seamlessly and without rega...
Improve your negotiation position, measure performance of your portfolio of external content, and communicate more effectively with stakeholders.
A Jinfo Subscription gets you access to activity-based content to move your projects forward, plus dynamic peer group discussions on meaty topics.
- Research update - aspiring to “strategic”? You’re in good company
Thursday, 18th February 2021
- Research update - assess your strategic portfolio management needs
Thursday, 4th February 2021
- Become a more strategic content portfolio manager
Thursday, 28th January 2021
- Dashboard and collaboration (use-case - intelligence)
Wednesday, 17th February 2021
- Comparison of content management features (use-case - intelligence)
Tuesday, 16th February 2021
- Mini review of Global Market Model
Tuesday, 2nd February 2021
- Community deck - State of the industry, 2021
Wednesday, 24th February 2021
- Product review of Aurora's FirstLight
Monday, 11th January 2021
- Market landscape - patent products
Monday, 21st December 2020
- Negotiation clinic - role-play and Q&A (Community) Tuesday, 13th April 2021
- Usage data in contract negotiations (Community) Tuesday, 23rd March 2021
- Pricing models for information and data licensing (Community) Tuesday, 2nd March 2021
- Comparative product evaluation - breaking it down into manageable pieces (Webinar) Tuesday, 19th January 2021
- The importance of current awareness tracking (Webinar) Tuesday, 12th January 2021
- State of the Industry, 2021 (Webinar) Tuesday, 5th January 2021