John DiGilio is the National Manager of Research Services for Reed Smith, LLP. He has over 15 years of large law firm library and legal information vendor experience. John has proudly been affiliated with such industry standouts as Thomson Reuters, where he served as a Librarian Relations Manager, and K&L Gates, where he was the Firmwide Legal and Business Research Librarian/ Instructor for many years. He is the Past-Chair of SLA"s Legal Division and a 2012 candidate for SLA Treasurer. John manages the popular On Firmer Ground and TILT blogs.
Articles by John DiGilio:
Mini Review of Bloomberg Law App
Friday, 29th January 2016
Continuing FreePint's collection of reviews of apps for legal research, John DiGilio looks at the Bloomberg Law app for iOS and Android devices. He considers elements such as ease of use, search, results presentation, standalone access and value and concludes that in designing its own mobile offering, Bloomberg BNA has taken a different route from its competitors, such as Westlaw, Nexis, HeinOnline and Fastcase.
My Favourite Tipples from a Legal Research Expert
Wednesday, 6th January 2016
My Favourite Tipples are shared by John DiGilio, national manager of Research Services for Reed Smith LLP. A writer and tech blogger in his spare time, John oversees the library research team for the firm's offices in the United States.
Mini Review of HeinOnline App
Tuesday, 11th August 2015
Continuing his collection of articles reviewing mobile apps for legal research, John DiGilio assesses the HeinOnline app for iPhone and iPad. The app puts more than 2,000 legal periodicals at the user’s fingertips, in a simple, intuitive way. He examines whether the historical depth of coverage and ease of use for which its web-based flagship is well known is fully replicated here. He also looks at search (including image search), results presentation, billing, value and competitiveness.
Mini Review of Fastcase HD
Wednesday, 8th July 2015
John DiGilio reviews the popular Fastcase HD mobile app. A free, virtual library of US primary source materials available via smartphone, it is ranked as one of the most downloaded apps for legal research. John finds out why this standalone solution and complement to Fastcase on the web is so popular.
Lexis Advance HD & the Mobile Market
Friday, 22nd May 2015
Following his review of Lexis Advance HD, John DiGilio selects some highlights of the mobile app version of LexisNexis' award-winning Lexis Advance platform.
Reports by John DiGilio:
FreePint Report: Product Review of Westlaw Practitioner Insights
Thursday, 16th January 2014
Westlaw Practitioner Insights is a legal information database which offers practice-specific information from a range of sources including the Westlaw...
FreePint Report: Product Review of ALM Legal Intelligence
Monday, 9th September 2013
As the legal industry continues to become increasingly more competitive, firms large and small are striving to achieve some sort of advantage. ALM Leg...
FreePint Report: Enterprise Collaboration
Wednesday, 25th July 2012
Workers are increasingly expecting -- and expected to -- collaborate through tools that connect them to each other easily, seamlessly and without rega...
Five newly recorded webinars on how to complete the activities in our Focus on Value Chain now available.
Express value the way stakeholders do with Value Chain analysis
"I can now sit in a meeting with my stakeholders and articulate the role information plays in their workflows. They understand our contribution to their success." Information Senior Scientist, heavy manufacturing industry
With Jinfo Consulting, you get accountability, fine-tuned guidance and industry-wide perspective.
- Capacity comes from strategy
Wednesday, 15th September 2021
- Tie portfolio value to commercial impact
Monday, 13th September 2021
- Theory, practice, and demonstrating ROI
Thursday, 9th September 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step five - your evolution work plan)
Wednesday, 11th August 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step four - assess your team’s characteristics)
Tuesday, 22nd June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step three - envision your Known Fors)
Thursday, 10th June 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - make progress on your evolution, with your peers
Friday, 23rd July 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - examples of Pillars of Service and Known Fors
Wednesday, 23rd June 2021
- Community deck - scorecards - how information teams are designing and using them
Wednesday, 2nd June 2021
- Investment philosophies for strategic portfolio management (Community) Thursday, 2nd December 2021
- Negotiation role-play for content licensing professionals (Community) Thursday, 7th October 2021
- Teeing up value-based budget conversations for content licensing (Community) Tuesday, 21st September 2021
- Value Chain (step five - putting the Value Chain together) (Webinar) Tuesday, 31st August 2021
- Value Chain (step four - measurement - selecting and collecting data) (Webinar) Monday, 30th August 2021
- Value Chain (step three - your contributions to the Value Chain) (Webinar) Friday, 27th August 2021