Rachel Bates Wilfahrt
Rachel Bates Wilfahrt, MLIS, is a Colorado-based information professional. In addition to performing prospect research for the University of Denver, she is Owner of Rachel Bates Wilfahrt, LLC, an independent information practice focusing on competitive intelligence and information management projects. Rachel is also involved in leadership positions with the Special Libraries Association and the Association of Independent Information Professionals. She can be reached at email@example.com and Twitter (http://twitter.com/rbateswilfahrt)
Articles by Rachel Bates Wilfahrt:
Using Prospect Research Strategies to Improve the Research Process
Tuesday, 16th October 2012
Prospect research is used by non-profits to assess philanthropic capacity and inclination of potential donors. Rachel Bates Wilfahrt explores applications of this process and research strategy for researchers working in other industries. Resources for company information is one area in which researchers can dig deeper to enhance their research.
Prospect Research Strategy: Applications for All Researchers
Tuesday, 16th October 2012
Prospect research is used by non-profits to assess philanthropic capacity and inclination of potential donors. Rachel Bates Wilfahrt explores applications of this process and research strategy for researchers working in other industries.
Expanding the borders of information access and analysis
Wednesday, 29th August 2012
Twice a year, FreePint publishes a compendium of articles supporting different areas of information work. This report collects six months’ worth of articles tagged with the category of research. Our guest editor Rachel Bates Wilfahrt looks at the spectrum of research topics, with a particular eye to emerging information sources.
Latest in this Focus: Get started adapting the model to your environment with step-by-step guidance on practical activities for strategic planning. Define your own future where information is a strategic asset to your organisation.
What clients say about Centre of Excellence:
"Jinfo's Pillars of Service and Known Fors activities feed our overall mission and vision. Everything we do has to align with these, and if it doesn't, we ask the question, 'Why are we doing this?' We can communicate more effectively what we do and move away from the transactional view. Let me stress... there is a huge return on this work. It allows us to chart our own destiny." Director of Information Services, pharmaceutical industry
A Jinfo Subscription gets you access to activity-based content to move your projects forward, plus dynamic peer group discussions on meaty topics.
- Capacity comes from strategy
Wednesday, 15th September 2021
- Tie portfolio value to commercial impact
Monday, 13th September 2021
- Theory, practice, and demonstrating ROI
Thursday, 9th September 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step five - your evolution work plan)
Wednesday, 11th August 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step four - assess your team’s characteristics)
Tuesday, 22nd June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step three - envision your Known Fors)
Thursday, 10th June 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - make progress on your evolution, with your peers
Friday, 23rd July 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - examples of Pillars of Service and Known Fors
Wednesday, 23rd June 2021
- Community deck - scorecards - how information teams are designing and using them
Wednesday, 2nd June 2021
- Investment philosophies for strategic portfolio management (Community) Thursday, 2nd December 2021
- Negotiation role-play for content licensing professionals (Community) Thursday, 7th October 2021
- Teeing up value-based budget conversations for content licensing (Community) Tuesday, 21st September 2021
- Value Chain (step five - putting the Value Chain together) (Webinar) Tuesday, 31st August 2021
- Value Chain (step four - measurement - selecting and collecting data) (Webinar) Monday, 30th August 2021
- Value Chain (step three - your contributions to the Value Chain) (Webinar) Friday, 27th August 2021