Valerie Kittell has a diverse educational and career background, including anthropology, education and librarianship. She is the owner of Kittell Research Services (http://kittellresearch.com/) and provides a variety of information services, including research, metadata creation, digital collection management and social media consulting.
One of her specialties is on-site Arizona research, particularly historical research. She has worked with a variety of for-profit and non-profit organisations. Valerie is active in her local historical society and volunteers at the research library weekly. You can reach Valerie at email@example.com, follow her on Twitter at @valkittell and on Pinterest at http://pinterest.com/valkittell/.
Articles by Valerie Kittell:
Pinterest: Not Just for Academic and Public Libraries?
Thursday, 18th October 2012
Information professionals might consider how they could use Pinterest in their organisations to reach internal or external audiences, drawing on examples from special libraries, museums, and even public libraries. Could a high-tech company, for example, use Pinterest effectively to post pictures of the company's products?
How Information-Related Organisations Can Use Pinterest to Meet Their Goals
Thursday, 18th October 2012
Valerie Kittell looks at the use of Pinterest by special libraries, museums, academic and public libraries. While these settings may have different audiences and goals, information professionals might consider how they could use Pinterest in their organisations to reach internal or external audiences. Could a high-tech company, for example, use Pinterest to post pictures of the company's products?
Five newly recorded webinars on how to complete the activities in our Focus on Value Chain now available.
Express value the way stakeholders do with Value Chain analysis
"I can now sit in a meeting with my stakeholders and articulate the role information plays in their workflows. They understand our contribution to their success." Information Senior Scientist, heavy manufacturing industry
With Jinfo Consulting, you get accountability, fine-tuned guidance and industry-wide perspective.
- Portfolio value is an inside job
Thursday, 23rd September 2021
- Capacity comes from strategy
Wednesday, 15th September 2021
- Tie portfolio value to commercial impact
Monday, 13th September 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step five - your evolution work plan)
Wednesday, 11th August 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step four - assess your team’s characteristics)
Tuesday, 22nd June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step three - envision your Known Fors)
Thursday, 10th June 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - make progress on your evolution, with your peers
Friday, 23rd July 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - examples of Pillars of Service and Known Fors
Wednesday, 23rd June 2021
- Community deck - scorecards - how information teams are designing and using them
Wednesday, 2nd June 2021
- Investment philosophies for strategic portfolio management (Community) Thursday, 2nd December 2021
- Negotiation role-play for content licensing professionals (Community) Thursday, 7th October 2021
- Teeing up value-based budget conversations for content licensing (Community) Tuesday, 21st September 2021
- Value Chain (step five - putting the Value Chain together) (Webinar) Tuesday, 31st August 2021
- Value Chain (step four - measurement - selecting and collecting data) (Webinar) Monday, 30th August 2021
- Value Chain (step three - your contributions to the Value Chain) (Webinar) Friday, 27th August 2021