Pila Martinez is Director of Campus Communications at the University of Arizona. In addition to overseeing employee-focused news content, she manages several institutional websites. She is a Tucson native and a graduate of the UA, where she studied journalism and Spanish. She started her career working as a reporter, with the Arizona Daily Star and The Associated Press, before switching to the field of public relations in 2000. Pila also volunteers as a mediator and is a founding member of the Center for Community Dialogue, a Tucson, Arizona, nonprofit organisation that aims to build the capacity of individuals and groups to discuss issues, resolve conflicts, build consensus and make decisions.
Articles by Pila Martinez:
Motivate and Move Your Audience through Multimedia
Wednesday, 20th February 2013
Multimedia elements not only can make your communications more visually appealing, but they can also convey information in ways your words never could. Pila Martinez explains how the key is to match the multimedia with the content and provides some useful tips to help make your communications more compelling.
Enliven Your Communications with Multimedia
Tuesday, 19th February 2013
Without any visual elements, most types of written communications are just rows and rows of black letters that blur into a grey mass. Multimedia not only can make your communications more visually appealing, but it can also convey information in ways your words never could. Pila Martinez provides some tips to help you make your communications more captivating and highlights some of the latest tools to achieve this.
Five newly recorded webinars on how to complete the activities in our Focus on Value Chain now available.
Express value the way stakeholders do with Value Chain analysis
"I can now sit in a meeting with my stakeholders and articulate the role information plays in their workflows. They understand our contribution to their success." Information Senior Scientist, heavy manufacturing industry
With Jinfo Consulting, you get accountability, fine-tuned guidance and industry-wide perspective.
- Capacity comes from strategy
Wednesday, 15th September 2021
- Tie portfolio value to commercial impact
Monday, 13th September 2021
- Theory, practice, and demonstrating ROI
Thursday, 9th September 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step five - your evolution work plan)
Wednesday, 11th August 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step four - assess your team’s characteristics)
Tuesday, 22nd June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step three - envision your Known Fors)
Thursday, 10th June 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - make progress on your evolution, with your peers
Friday, 23rd July 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - examples of Pillars of Service and Known Fors
Wednesday, 23rd June 2021
- Community deck - scorecards - how information teams are designing and using them
Wednesday, 2nd June 2021
- Investment philosophies for strategic portfolio management (Community) Thursday, 2nd December 2021
- Negotiation role-play for content licensing professionals (Community) Thursday, 7th October 2021
- Teeing up value-based budget conversations for content licensing (Community) Tuesday, 21st September 2021
- Value Chain (step five - putting the Value Chain together) (Webinar) Tuesday, 31st August 2021
- Value Chain (step four - measurement - selecting and collecting data) (Webinar) Monday, 30th August 2021
- Value Chain (step three - your contributions to the Value Chain) (Webinar) Friday, 27th August 2021