Sean Smith is a veteran information industry professional with more than 15 years experience in publishing and information solutions. He is currently vice president of marketing at InfoDesk, a leading provider of information management and sharing solutions. Previously he worked for QUOSA, Elsevier Business Intelligence and Thompson Publishing Group. Sean earned a masters degree in journalism at Georgetown University. He also holds an MS in marketing from Johns Hopkins University and a BFA from Temple University"s Tyler School of Art.
Articles by Sean Smith:
Why "Ownership" is Critical to your User Engagement Strategy
Friday, 23rd January 2015
Great content and technology are not enough. Successful information projects need bulletproof user engagement strategies. "Ownership" is an essential element. InfoDesk advocates "partnering for success" to ensure optimal results.
Partnering For Success - Effective User Engagement Is No Accident
Wednesday, 7th January 2015
As part of the FreePint Topic Series: Making Information Visible, Sean Smith explains why user engagement is a critical component of discovery and outlines four key steps. He also demonstrates how influencing user behaviour must be combined with the right content and technology to make an information project a success.
Latest in this Focus: Get started adapting the model to your environment with step-by-step guidance on practical activities for strategic planning. Define your own future where information is a strategic asset to your organisation.
What clients say about Centre of Excellence:
"Jinfo's Pillars of Service and Known Fors activities feed our overall mission and vision. Everything we do has to align with these, and if it doesn't, we ask the question, 'Why are we doing this?' We can communicate more effectively what we do and move away from the transactional view. Let me stress... there is a huge return on this work. It allows us to chart our own destiny." Director of Information Services, pharmaceutical industry
A Jinfo Subscription gets you access to activity-based content to move your projects forward, plus dynamic peer group discussions on meaty topics.
- Capacity comes from strategy
Wednesday, 15th September 2021
- Tie portfolio value to commercial impact
Monday, 13th September 2021
- Theory, practice, and demonstrating ROI
Thursday, 9th September 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step five - your evolution work plan)
Wednesday, 11th August 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step four - assess your team’s characteristics)
Tuesday, 22nd June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step three - envision your Known Fors)
Thursday, 10th June 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - make progress on your evolution, with your peers
Friday, 23rd July 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - examples of Pillars of Service and Known Fors
Wednesday, 23rd June 2021
- Community deck - scorecards - how information teams are designing and using them
Wednesday, 2nd June 2021
- Investment philosophies for strategic portfolio management (Community) Thursday, 2nd December 2021
- Negotiation role-play for content licensing professionals (Community) Thursday, 7th October 2021
- Teeing up value-based budget conversations for content licensing (Community) Tuesday, 21st September 2021
- Value Chain (step five - putting the Value Chain together) (Webinar) Tuesday, 31st August 2021
- Value Chain (step four - measurement - selecting and collecting data) (Webinar) Monday, 30th August 2021
- Value Chain (step three - your contributions to the Value Chain) (Webinar) Friday, 27th August 2021