Katharine Reedy is a digital and information literacy specialist at Open University Library Services. She was co-developer of the OU"s Digital & information literacy framework and a leading contributor to the award-winning "Being digital" collection of bite-size activities. Professional interests focus on learning design, employability, elearning and the use of new technologies in teaching and learning. She has been involved in piloting live events with students. Katharine is a fellow of the Higher Education Academy, chartered member of CILIP and Information Literacy Practitioner of the Year 2015.
Articles by Katharine Reedy:
Honing Your Skills in a Digital World
Thursday, 18th June 2015
Katharine Reedy introduces the role that the Open University's online bite-size "Being digital" activities can play in workplace learning.
"Being Digital" with the OU - Flexible Pathways to Learning
Tuesday, 16th June 2015
Created by Open University Library Services, "Being digital" is a collection of short, easy-to-follow activities covering the skills needed to be effective online. The bite-size nature of the material makes it very flexible in the way it can be used, and ideal for workplace learning. In this article Katharine Reedy explains more about what "Being digital" covers, the thinking behind it, and how you can make the most of it for skills development.
Five newly recorded webinars on how to complete the activities in our Focus on Value Chain now available.
Express value the way stakeholders do with Value Chain analysis
"I can now sit in a meeting with my stakeholders and articulate the role information plays in their workflows. They understand our contribution to their success." Information Senior Scientist, heavy manufacturing industry
With Jinfo Consulting, you get accountability, fine-tuned guidance and industry-wide perspective.
- Capacity comes from strategy
Wednesday, 15th September 2021
- Tie portfolio value to commercial impact
Monday, 13th September 2021
- Theory, practice, and demonstrating ROI
Thursday, 9th September 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step five - your evolution work plan)
Wednesday, 11th August 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step four - assess your team’s characteristics)
Tuesday, 22nd June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step three - envision your Known Fors)
Thursday, 10th June 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - make progress on your evolution, with your peers
Friday, 23rd July 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - examples of Pillars of Service and Known Fors
Wednesday, 23rd June 2021
- Community deck - scorecards - how information teams are designing and using them
Wednesday, 2nd June 2021
- Investment philosophies for strategic portfolio management (Community) Thursday, 2nd December 2021
- Negotiation role-play for content licensing professionals (Community) Thursday, 7th October 2021
- Teeing up value-based budget conversations for content licensing (Community) Tuesday, 21st September 2021
- Value Chain (step five - putting the Value Chain together) (Webinar) Tuesday, 31st August 2021
- Value Chain (step four - measurement - selecting and collecting data) (Webinar) Monday, 30th August 2021
- Value Chain (step three - your contributions to the Value Chain) (Webinar) Friday, 27th August 2021