Steph Taylor is a "born digital" information professional, and has rarely handled any hard-copy books or journals in her career. She has a background in libraries, working in academic libraries in the UK. She went over to the "dark side" to work for a library software company, before working freelance, specialising in consultancy in all aspects of digital libraries. She combined freelance work with work as a researcher at UKOLN, University of Bath, specialising in institutional repositories, research information management, metadata and research date management.
She currently works for the University of London Computing Centre (ULCC), where she is one of the tutors on the award-winning Digital Preservation Training Programme and also offers consultancy services in digital preservation.
Contact her at Stephanie.firstname.lastname@example.org
Articles by Steph Taylor:
My Favourite Tipples from a "Born Digital" Information Professional
Wednesday, 9th September 2015
Digital information, including social media, is very transient. Keeping up with the latest developments in digital preservation can be tricky. In her "My Favourite Tipples", Steph Taylor, tutor on the award-winning Digital Preservation Training Programme at the University of London Computing Centre (ULCC), shares some of the resources she uses to stay current.
Five newly recorded webinars on how to complete the activities in our Focus on Value Chain now available.
Express value the way stakeholders do with Value Chain analysis
"I can now sit in a meeting with my stakeholders and articulate the role information plays in their workflows. They understand our contribution to their success." Information Senior Scientist, heavy manufacturing industry
With Jinfo Consulting, you get accountability, fine-tuned guidance and industry-wide perspective.
- Capacity comes from strategy
Wednesday, 15th September 2021
- Tie portfolio value to commercial impact
Monday, 13th September 2021
- Theory, practice, and demonstrating ROI
Thursday, 9th September 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step five - your evolution work plan)
Wednesday, 11th August 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step four - assess your team’s characteristics)
Tuesday, 22nd June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step three - envision your Known Fors)
Thursday, 10th June 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - make progress on your evolution, with your peers
Friday, 23rd July 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - examples of Pillars of Service and Known Fors
Wednesday, 23rd June 2021
- Community deck - scorecards - how information teams are designing and using them
Wednesday, 2nd June 2021
- Investment philosophies for strategic portfolio management (Community) Thursday, 2nd December 2021
- Negotiation role-play for content licensing professionals (Community) Thursday, 7th October 2021
- Teeing up value-based budget conversations for content licensing (Community) Tuesday, 21st September 2021
- Value Chain (step five - putting the Value Chain together) (Webinar) Tuesday, 31st August 2021
- Value Chain (step four - measurement - selecting and collecting data) (Webinar) Monday, 30th August 2021
- Value Chain (step three - your contributions to the Value Chain) (Webinar) Friday, 27th August 2021