Paul Pedley is a leading expert in information law. He is an onsite trainer for CILIP. Paul has been a member of LACA, the Libraries & Archives Copyright Alliance since 1998 and is the author of a number of books published by Facet Publishing including "Essential law for information professionals".
Articles by Paul Pedley:
Managing the privacy risks posed by vendors
Tuesday, 7th August 2018
In the second of a two-part article on the use of content aggregation services and intelligence platforms and the privacy issues that arise in relation to both the individuals and businesses that deploy those products, Paul Pedley takes a more in-depth look at the potential privacy risks posed by these relationships with vendors in the context of library and information services and how to mitigate those risks by developing a robust plan.
Content aggregation services and intelligence platforms - the implications for data privacy
Thursday, 26th July 2018
The use of content aggregation services and intelligence platforms gives rise to privacy issues in relation to both the individuals and businesses that deploy those products. As a result, information professionals need to be aware of the risks posed by third-party relationships with vendors, suppliers, and distributors. This article looks at some of the platforms available and the types of data they generate as well as the legal landscape in relation to the privacy of both individuals and companies.
Five newly recorded webinars on how to complete the activities in our Focus on Value Chain now available.
Express value the way stakeholders do with Value Chain analysis
"I can now sit in a meeting with my stakeholders and articulate the role information plays in their workflows. They understand our contribution to their success." Information Senior Scientist, heavy manufacturing industry
With Jinfo Consulting, you get accountability, fine-tuned guidance and industry-wide perspective.
- Capacity comes from strategy
Wednesday, 15th September 2021
- Tie portfolio value to commercial impact
Monday, 13th September 2021
- Theory, practice, and demonstrating ROI
Thursday, 9th September 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step five - your evolution work plan)
Wednesday, 11th August 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step four - assess your team’s characteristics)
Tuesday, 22nd June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step three - envision your Known Fors)
Thursday, 10th June 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - make progress on your evolution, with your peers
Friday, 23rd July 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - examples of Pillars of Service and Known Fors
Wednesday, 23rd June 2021
- Community deck - scorecards - how information teams are designing and using them
Wednesday, 2nd June 2021
- Investment philosophies for strategic portfolio management (Community) Thursday, 2nd December 2021
- Negotiation role-play for content licensing professionals (Community) Thursday, 7th October 2021
- Teeing up value-based budget conversations for content licensing (Community) Tuesday, 21st September 2021
- Value Chain (step five - putting the Value Chain together) (Webinar) Tuesday, 31st August 2021
- Value Chain (step four - measurement - selecting and collecting data) (Webinar) Monday, 30th August 2021
- Value Chain (step three - your contributions to the Value Chain) (Webinar) Friday, 27th August 2021