Sian Tyrrell is the head of Horticultural Information at the Royal Horticultural Society (RHS) and is responsible for the RHS Gardening Advice Service and the custodian of the RHS"s 200+ years of plant data and information. Sian"s previous roles have included global records management and compliance at HSBC, data protection and freedom of information at the Government Office for the South East and information and records management analysis at the former Department of Trade and Industry. Sian completed her MA in Library and Information Studies at UCL and has since pursued her interest in information access and behaviour.
Articles by Sian Tyrrell:
My Favourite Tipples from a head of horticultural information
Wednesday, 6th March 2019
My Favourite Tipples are shared by Sian Tyrrell of the Royal Horticultural Society. Sian shares some of her go-to resources in areas from plants to science, research, GDPR, plus where she turns for fun.
Five newly recorded webinars on how to complete the activities in our Focus on Value Chain now available.
Express value the way stakeholders do with Value Chain analysis
"I can now sit in a meeting with my stakeholders and articulate the role information plays in their workflows. They understand our contribution to their success." Information Senior Scientist, heavy manufacturing industry
With Jinfo Consulting, you get accountability, fine-tuned guidance and industry-wide perspective.
- Portfolio value is an inside job
Thursday, 23rd September 2021
- Capacity comes from strategy
Wednesday, 15th September 2021
- Tie portfolio value to commercial impact
Monday, 13th September 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step five - your evolution work plan)
Wednesday, 11th August 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step four - assess your team’s characteristics)
Tuesday, 22nd June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step three - envision your Known Fors)
Thursday, 10th June 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - make progress on your evolution, with your peers
Friday, 23rd July 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - examples of Pillars of Service and Known Fors
Wednesday, 23rd June 2021
- Community deck - scorecards - how information teams are designing and using them
Wednesday, 2nd June 2021
- Investment philosophies for strategic portfolio management (Community) Thursday, 2nd December 2021
- Negotiation role-play for content licensing professionals (Community) Thursday, 7th October 2021
- Teeing up value-based budget conversations for content licensing (Community) Tuesday, 21st September 2021
- Value Chain (step five - putting the Value Chain together) (Webinar) Tuesday, 31st August 2021
- Value Chain (step four - measurement - selecting and collecting data) (Webinar) Monday, 30th August 2021
- Value Chain (step three - your contributions to the Value Chain) (Webinar) Friday, 27th August 2021