With roles including Head of Research and Business Knowledge Specialist, Rebecca has extensive international experience across a range of industries including outplacement and career management, telecommunications, and finance. Rebecca is currently working for Griffith University in Queensland, Australia and is also undertaking her second degree, a Bachelor of Psychology, with a particular interest in organisational psychology. Rebecca can be contacted by email on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Articles by Rebecca Sanders:
The Leaving Employee: Knowledge Management for Surviving and Thriving
Tuesday, 1st January 2008
When a member of my team announced he was moving interstate a few years ago, I realised I was about to lose someone with four years of specialist product knowledge.
The Leaving Employee: Knowledge Management for Surviving and Thriving [ABSTRACT]
Tuesday, 1st January 2008
Regardless of their role within an organisation, an employee accumulates a career worth of knowledge: knowledge about the industry, their role, the company, its products, employees, and customers. While most of us can breathe a sigh of relief that our job doesn't entail launching billion dollar rockets into orbit, irrespective of the industry we work in we are all faced with the same problem - how to minimise the loss of critical, valuable experience and information when an employee leaves the company.
Latest in this Focus: Get started adapting the model to your environment with step-by-step guidance on practical activities for strategic planning. Define your own future where information is a strategic asset to your organisation.
What clients say about Centre of Excellence:
"Jinfo's Pillars of Service and Known Fors activities feed our overall mission and vision. Everything we do has to align with these, and if it doesn't, we ask the question, 'Why are we doing this?' We can communicate more effectively what we do and move away from the transactional view. Let me stress... there is a huge return on this work. It allows us to chart our own destiny." Director of Information Services, pharmaceutical industry
A Jinfo Subscription gets you access to activity-based content to move your projects forward, plus dynamic peer group discussions on meaty topics.
- Capacity comes from strategy
Wednesday, 15th September 2021
- Tie portfolio value to commercial impact
Monday, 13th September 2021
- Theory, practice, and demonstrating ROI
Thursday, 9th September 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step five - your evolution work plan)
Wednesday, 11th August 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step four - assess your team’s characteristics)
Tuesday, 22nd June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step three - envision your Known Fors)
Thursday, 10th June 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - make progress on your evolution, with your peers
Friday, 23rd July 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - examples of Pillars of Service and Known Fors
Wednesday, 23rd June 2021
- Community deck - scorecards - how information teams are designing and using them
Wednesday, 2nd June 2021
- Investment philosophies for strategic portfolio management (Community) Thursday, 2nd December 2021
- Negotiation role-play for content licensing professionals (Community) Thursday, 7th October 2021
- Teeing up value-based budget conversations for content licensing (Community) Tuesday, 21st September 2021
- Value Chain (step five - putting the Value Chain together) (Webinar) Tuesday, 31st August 2021
- Value Chain (step four - measurement - selecting and collecting data) (Webinar) Monday, 30th August 2021
- Value Chain (step three - your contributions to the Value Chain) (Webinar) Friday, 27th August 2021