Rachel Singer Gordon
Rachel Singer Gordon email@example.com is Consulting Editor, ITI Books, and webmaster, LISjobs.com. Her newest book is "What"s The Alternative? Career Options for Librarians and Info Pros" (ITI, 2008) - see http://books.infotoday.com/books/WhatsTheAlternative.shtml Rachel publishes Info Career Trends, and blogs at The Liminal Librarian and Beyond the Job with Sarah Johnson. She writes Library Journal"s "Computer Media" column, coauthors "Tech Tips for Every Librarian" for Computers in Libraries magazine, and is the "Accidental Library Manager" columnist at Emerald"s Library Link. Her published work includes "The Accidental Library Manager" (ITI, 2005), "The NextGen Librarian"s Survival Guide" (ITI, 2006) and "Information Tomorrow" (ITI, 2007). Rachel holds an MLIS from Dominican and an MA from Northwestern.
Articles by Rachel Singer Gordon:
Nontraditional Careers for Info Pros: Why Consider Alternatives?
Saturday, 1st March 2008
Nontraditional Careers for Info Pros: Why Consider Alternatives? [ABSTRACT]
Saturday, 1st March 2008
Our changing information landscape opens up new options for librarians and info pros to transfer their skills to a myriad of nontraditional fields. Some of us, however, may feel the curse of living in interesting times; after spending years working in traditional libraries and/or investing in an MLIS, we hesitate to open ourselves up to alternative possibilities.
Five newly recorded webinars on how to complete the activities in our Focus on Value Chain now available.
Express value the way stakeholders do with Value Chain analysis
"I can now sit in a meeting with my stakeholders and articulate the role information plays in their workflows. They understand our contribution to their success." Information Senior Scientist, heavy manufacturing industry
With Jinfo Consulting, you get accountability, fine-tuned guidance and industry-wide perspective.
- Portfolio value is an inside job
Thursday, 23rd September 2021
- Capacity comes from strategy
Wednesday, 15th September 2021
- Tie portfolio value to commercial impact
Monday, 13th September 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step five - your evolution work plan)
Wednesday, 11th August 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step four - assess your team’s characteristics)
Tuesday, 22nd June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step three - envision your Known Fors)
Thursday, 10th June 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - make progress on your evolution, with your peers
Friday, 23rd July 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - examples of Pillars of Service and Known Fors
Wednesday, 23rd June 2021
- Community deck - scorecards - how information teams are designing and using them
Wednesday, 2nd June 2021
- Investment philosophies for strategic portfolio management (Community) Thursday, 2nd December 2021
- Negotiation role-play for content licensing professionals (Community) Thursday, 7th October 2021
- Teeing up value-based budget conversations for content licensing (Community) Tuesday, 21st September 2021
- Value Chain (step five - putting the Value Chain together) (Webinar) Tuesday, 31st August 2021
- Value Chain (step four - measurement - selecting and collecting data) (Webinar) Monday, 30th August 2021
- Value Chain (step three - your contributions to the Value Chain) (Webinar) Friday, 27th August 2021