Michelle Boule is a geek librarian who loves unconferences so much she wrote a book called Mob Rule Learning: camps, unconferences, and trashing the talking head. She can be found online at A Wandering Eyre.
Articles by Michelle Boule:
An unconference approach can revitalise meetings and training
Thursday, 9th February 2012
For the past few years, unconferences have been gaining traction in everything from business to higher education. However unconferences can teach us more than how to hold a better, more relevant conference. They can also teach us how to run better, more relevant companies and organisations.
Leveraging unconference facilitation styles to revitalise training and meetings
Thursday, 9th February 2012
You may have heard of an unbirthday, a term coined by Lewis Carroll in “Through the Looking-Glass”, but now we have the unconference. This is when a group of people gather together without an agenda to discuss a topic, solve a problem or learn a new skill. The idea of an unconference is based on Open Space Technology and Michelle Boule shows how the flexibility of this approach can have unexpected and valuable results.
Five newly recorded webinars on how to complete the activities in our Focus on Value Chain now available.
Express value the way stakeholders do with Value Chain analysis
"I can now sit in a meeting with my stakeholders and articulate the role information plays in their workflows. They understand our contribution to their success." Information Senior Scientist, heavy manufacturing industry
With Jinfo Consulting, you get accountability, fine-tuned guidance and industry-wide perspective.
- Portfolio value is an inside job
Thursday, 23rd September 2021
- Capacity comes from strategy
Wednesday, 15th September 2021
- Tie portfolio value to commercial impact
Monday, 13th September 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step five - your evolution work plan)
Wednesday, 11th August 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step four - assess your team’s characteristics)
Tuesday, 22nd June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step three - envision your Known Fors)
Thursday, 10th June 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - make progress on your evolution, with your peers
Friday, 23rd July 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - examples of Pillars of Service and Known Fors
Wednesday, 23rd June 2021
- Community deck - scorecards - how information teams are designing and using them
Wednesday, 2nd June 2021
- Investment philosophies for strategic portfolio management (Community) Thursday, 2nd December 2021
- Negotiation role-play for content licensing professionals (Community) Thursday, 7th October 2021
- Teeing up value-based budget conversations for content licensing (Community) Tuesday, 21st September 2021
- Value Chain (step five - putting the Value Chain together) (Webinar) Tuesday, 31st August 2021
- Value Chain (step four - measurement - selecting and collecting data) (Webinar) Monday, 30th August 2021
- Value Chain (step three - your contributions to the Value Chain) (Webinar) Friday, 27th August 2021