Lynn Strand has over 20 years of experience in research, information services and business administration.
Her expertise in market intelligence and consumer insights has driven her career for the past five years. Prior to Jinfo, she worked with ad agencies, marketing start-up firms, global high tech data organizations, healthcare manufacturing, and small retail chains. Much of Lynn"s work contributed to market planning and sizing, industry trend watching and client education. She is a sought after speaker, trainer and facilitator at library industry conferences and is a volunteer trainer for new entrepreneurs in Minneapolis.
Lynn holds a BA in Anthropology and a Masters of Library and Information Science, and executive education in Marketing.
Lynn can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org
Articles by Lynn Strand:
Product reviews and market landscapes of 2019
Monday, 13th January 2020
Check out this useful list of product reviews and market landscapes from 2019 - and find out how to submit your suggestions for future coverage.
Upcoming Jinfo events: webinars and Community sessions on current awareness and intelligence
Wednesday, 23rd October 2019
Register for a Jinfo webinar or Community session to give yourself a commitment to a 60-minute period of thinking about the future.
How I surprised my hiring manager with my MLIS
Monday, 12th June 2017
Information professionals need to continually educate the business world about how our unique abilities fit within the organisation, and how they can add immense value to the bottom line. Lynn Strand shares her experience of the hiring process for a market intelligence role as well as some ideas to implement for your next interview or performance review.
Ebooks and elearning - partnering for success
Friday, 5th May 2017
Today’s organisations have a unique challenge in reaching employees across the globe for training and development. With the advent of digital learning, information centres are perfectly positioned to provide this service. This article offers some creative ways to engage end-users and to partner with other departments such as HR or IT to create cross-functional learning opportunities.
Reflecting on the Jinfo Research Focus "Source Expertise - What It Means in a Google World"
Tuesday, 28th June 2016
As the Jinfo Research Focus "Source Expertise - What it Means in a Google World" reaches its conclusion, co-producer Lynn Strand looks back over the Focus and highlights some of the key articles, market landscapes and reviews on subjects from data discovery, design thinking, big data, Google and new product offerings.
Reports by Lynn Strand:
FreePint Survey into Web Usage Policies
Monday, 9th November 2015
Do organisations have policies in place around use of web content? Do they need them? FreePint research tackled this issue which goes beyond use of so...
Improve your negotiation position, measure performance of your portfolio of external content, and communicate more effectively with stakeholders.
A Jinfo Subscription gets you access to activity-based content to move your projects forward, plus dynamic peer group discussions on meaty topics.
- Research update - aspiring to “strategic”? You’re in good company
Thursday, 18th February 2021
- Research update - assess your strategic portfolio management needs
Thursday, 4th February 2021
- Become a more strategic content portfolio manager
Thursday, 28th January 2021
- Dashboard and collaboration (use-case - intelligence)
Wednesday, 17th February 2021
- Comparison of content management features (use-case - intelligence)
Tuesday, 16th February 2021
- Mini review of Global Market Model
Tuesday, 2nd February 2021
- Community deck - State of the industry, 2021
Wednesday, 24th February 2021
- Product review of Aurora's FirstLight
Monday, 11th January 2021
- Market landscape - patent products
Monday, 21st December 2020
- Negotiation clinic - role-play and Q&A (Community) Tuesday, 13th April 2021
- Usage data in contract negotiations (Community) Tuesday, 23rd March 2021
- Pricing models for information and data licensing (Community) Tuesday, 2nd March 2021
- Comparative product evaluation - breaking it down into manageable pieces (Webinar) Tuesday, 19th January 2021
- The importance of current awareness tracking (Webinar) Tuesday, 12th January 2021
- State of the Industry, 2021 (Webinar) Tuesday, 5th January 2021