Lynn Strand has over 20 years of experience in research, information services and business administration.
Her expertise in market intelligence and consumer insights has driven her career for the past five years. Prior to Jinfo, she worked with ad agencies, marketing start-up firms, global high tech data organizations, healthcare manufacturing, and small retail chains. Much of Lynn"s work contributed to market planning and sizing, industry trend watching and client education. She is a sought after speaker, trainer and facilitator at library industry conferences and is a volunteer trainer for new entrepreneurs in Minneapolis.
Lynn holds a BA in Anthropology and a Masters of Library and Information Science, and executive education in Marketing.
Lynn can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org
Articles by Lynn Strand:
Product reviews and market landscapes of 2019
Monday, 13th January 2020
Check out this useful list of product reviews and market landscapes from 2019 - and find out how to submit your suggestions for future coverage.
Upcoming Jinfo events: webinars and Community sessions on current awareness and intelligence
Wednesday, 23rd October 2019
Register for a Jinfo webinar or Community session to give yourself a commitment to a 60-minute period of thinking about the future.
How I surprised my hiring manager with my MLIS
Monday, 12th June 2017
Information professionals need to continually educate the business world about how our unique abilities fit within the organisation, and how they can add immense value to the bottom line. Lynn Strand shares her experience of the hiring process for a market intelligence role as well as some ideas to implement for your next interview or performance review.
Ebooks and elearning - partnering for success
Friday, 5th May 2017
Today’s organisations have a unique challenge in reaching employees across the globe for training and development. With the advent of digital learning, information centres are perfectly positioned to provide this service. This article offers some creative ways to engage end-users and to partner with other departments such as HR or IT to create cross-functional learning opportunities.
Reflecting on the Jinfo Research Focus "Source Expertise - What It Means in a Google World"
Tuesday, 28th June 2016
As the Jinfo Research Focus "Source Expertise - What it Means in a Google World" reaches its conclusion, co-producer Lynn Strand looks back over the Focus and highlights some of the key articles, market landscapes and reviews on subjects from data discovery, design thinking, big data, Google and new product offerings.
Reports by Lynn Strand:
FreePint Survey into Web Usage Policies
Monday, 9th November 2015
Do organisations have policies in place around use of web content? Do they need them? FreePint research tackled this issue which goes beyond use of so...
Latest in this Focus: Get started adapting the model to your environment with step-by-step guidance on practical activities for strategic planning. Define your own future where information is a strategic asset to your organisation.
What clients say about Centre of Excellence:
"My colleagues and I used your Known Fors activity, and we now have a vision as to who we are going to be. We already achieved ROI... a sincere thanks!" Director of Research and Information Services, international law firm
A Jinfo Subscription gets you access to activity-based content to move your projects forward, plus dynamic peer group discussions on meaty topics.
- Research update - one process, three new tangible benefits
Thursday, 22nd July 2021
- Research update - resolve the frustrations of content portfolio management
Thursday, 8th July 2021
- Research update - what do you want to be known for?
Thursday, 17th June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step four - assess your team’s characteristics)
Tuesday, 22nd June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step three - envision your Known Fors)
Thursday, 10th June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step two - create your Pillars of Service)
Wednesday, 26th May 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - make progress on your evolution, with your peers
Friday, 23rd July 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - examples of Pillars of Service and Known Fors
Wednesday, 23rd June 2021
- Community deck - scorecards - how information teams are designing and using them
Wednesday, 2nd June 2021
- Investment philosophies for strategic portfolio management (Community) Thursday, 2nd December 2021
- Negotiation role-play for content licensing professionals (Community) Thursday, 7th October 2021
- Teeing up value-based budget conversations for content licensing (Community) Tuesday, 21st September 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step four - assess your team’s characteristics) (Webinar) Tuesday, 22nd June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step three - envision your Known Fors) (Webinar) Thursday, 10th June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step two - create your Pillars of Service) (Webinar) Wednesday, 26th May 2021