Christy Confetti-Higgins is a Cybrarian at Oracle Corp. and is responsible for the Virtual Information Services (VIS) program, providing information services to all Oracle employees. Her responsibilities include connecting Oracle employees with the right information services to enable their learning, innovation, development, decision making, and the growth of Oracle"s business.
Christy has over 15 years of experience in the corporate information space, and is passionate about enterprise social networking as an essential way to connect with Oracle employees, creating conversations around information, collaboration, communicating and educating employees about information services, and enabling information and knowledge sharing across the enterprise. You can email her at email@example.com.
Articles by Christy Confetti-Higgins:
Expanding Your Reach: Social Enterprise, Collaboration, Awareness and Integration
Monday, 10th September 2012
Communications for information professionals in the enterprise is critical, as it creates awareness of the information services being provided to the company and how those services impact the business.
Creating information communities with Twitter: Notes for publishers and content providers [ABSTRACT]
Thursday, 30th September 2010
Developing communities of users is a long-established way of generating feedback but it was not until the advent of Twitter that these communities could bear such beneficial fruit. The results of research by the Social Information Group show how publishers and information professionals alike can gain from having an active presence on Twitter.
Five newly recorded webinars on how to complete the activities in our Focus on Value Chain now available.
Express value the way stakeholders do with Value Chain analysis
"I can now sit in a meeting with my stakeholders and articulate the role information plays in their workflows. They understand our contribution to their success." Information Senior Scientist, heavy manufacturing industry
With Jinfo Consulting, you get accountability, fine-tuned guidance and industry-wide perspective.
- Portfolio value is an inside job
Thursday, 23rd September 2021
- Capacity comes from strategy
Wednesday, 15th September 2021
- Tie portfolio value to commercial impact
Monday, 13th September 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step five - your evolution work plan)
Wednesday, 11th August 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step four - assess your team’s characteristics)
Tuesday, 22nd June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step three - envision your Known Fors)
Thursday, 10th June 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - make progress on your evolution, with your peers
Friday, 23rd July 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - examples of Pillars of Service and Known Fors
Wednesday, 23rd June 2021
- Community deck - scorecards - how information teams are designing and using them
Wednesday, 2nd June 2021
- Investment philosophies for strategic portfolio management (Community) Thursday, 2nd December 2021
- Negotiation role-play for content licensing professionals (Community) Thursday, 7th October 2021
- Teeing up value-based budget conversations for content licensing (Community) Tuesday, 21st September 2021
- Value Chain (step five - putting the Value Chain together) (Webinar) Tuesday, 31st August 2021
- Value Chain (step four - measurement - selecting and collecting data) (Webinar) Monday, 30th August 2021
- Value Chain (step three - your contributions to the Value Chain) (Webinar) Friday, 27th August 2021