Cynthia Lesky is President and founder of Threshold Information, a business and technology research firm. Threshold"s information specialists answer business, science and technology questions and produce competitive intelligence digests and other curated current awareness products for corporate clients in food, pharmaceutical, electronics and other industries. Information centers are Threshold"s preferred clients, but in companies that are not served by internal information professionals, Threshold works with market research, competitive intelligence, research and development, strategy and other functions. Threshold is located near Chicago, Illinois (US).
Prior to forming Threshold in 1993, Cynthia held information services positions in the food and banking industries. Cynthia has a Master"s degree in Library and Information Science from the University of Illinois and a Bachelor"s degree in economics and business management. Memberships include SLA, where she has held several offices and committee memberships, the Association of Independent Information Professionals (AIIP), the Institute of Food Technologists (IFT) and SCIP. She is a past President and continuing board member of KM Chicago.
Articles by Cynthia Lesky:
Seeking 'Truthiness' in Information
Thursday, 15th November 2012
With journalism in disarray, news distribution channels changing and simple human error, business research that results in reliable competitive or market intelligence is more difficult to conduct than ever. The foundation for successful research and analysis can be expressed in simple terms: Right Skill Set, Right Mind Set and Right Reports.
Three Fundamentals for Business Research in the Post-Truth Era
Thursday, 15th November 2012
The dismantling of traditional media culture and the proliferation of content channels for business-relevant news may result in more errors and misstatements in the sources that business research analysts rely on. To counter these forces, the author reminds readers of the foundation of good research and analysis, and in doing so presents a simple framework that incorporates skills in discovery and assessment; scepticism, critical thinking and prioritising; and candid, consultative reporting.
Five newly recorded webinars on how to complete the activities in our Focus on Value Chain now available.
Express value the way stakeholders do with Value Chain analysis
"I can now sit in a meeting with my stakeholders and articulate the role information plays in their workflows. They understand our contribution to their success." Information Senior Scientist, heavy manufacturing industry
With Jinfo Consulting, you get accountability, fine-tuned guidance and industry-wide perspective.
- Capacity comes from strategy
Wednesday, 15th September 2021
- Tie portfolio value to commercial impact
Monday, 13th September 2021
- Theory, practice, and demonstrating ROI
Thursday, 9th September 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step five - your evolution work plan)
Wednesday, 11th August 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step four - assess your team’s characteristics)
Tuesday, 22nd June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step three - envision your Known Fors)
Thursday, 10th June 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - make progress on your evolution, with your peers
Friday, 23rd July 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - examples of Pillars of Service and Known Fors
Wednesday, 23rd June 2021
- Community deck - scorecards - how information teams are designing and using them
Wednesday, 2nd June 2021
- Investment philosophies for strategic portfolio management (Community) Thursday, 2nd December 2021
- Negotiation role-play for content licensing professionals (Community) Thursday, 7th October 2021
- Teeing up value-based budget conversations for content licensing (Community) Tuesday, 21st September 2021
- Value Chain (step five - putting the Value Chain together) (Webinar) Tuesday, 31st August 2021
- Value Chain (step four - measurement - selecting and collecting data) (Webinar) Monday, 30th August 2021
- Value Chain (step three - your contributions to the Value Chain) (Webinar) Friday, 27th August 2021