Jo Alcock is a chartered information professional with experience in academic libraries, currently working as evidence based researcher in the library at Birmingham City University.
She works on a number of projects for the library and information sector, including the Jisc-funded Journal Usage Statistics Portal and Institutional Repository Usage Statistics. She is also currently coordinating the CILIP Leadership Programme, a pilot programme for developing leaders within the library and information profession.
Jo is passionate about research and its application in practice, and provides training and support for library and information professionals wanting to conduct their own research to inform their practice. Jo blogs as Joeyanne Libraryanne and tweets as @joeyanne.
Articles by Jo Alcock:
My Favourite Tipples from an Evidence Based Researcher
Wednesday, 3rd June 2015
My Favourite Tipples are shared by Jo Alcock, evidence based researcher in the library at Birmingham City University. She shares her favourite online resources in areas from task management to surveys... and knitting.
Increase Your Productivity - Just Get it Done!
Thursday, 7th February 2013
David Allen's Getting Things Done (GTD) productivity system can help you clear your mind, organise incoming information, and decide what to focus on at any given time. Jo Alcock provides an overview of the GTD system and recommends tools to help you improve your productivity.
Decimate Your 'To Do List': Get Things Done
Thursday, 7th February 2013
This article provides an introduction to David Allen's Getting Things Done (GTD) methodology. It discusses each of the five stages in the GTD process, and provides tips to help you integrate the system into your workflow to improve your productivity.
Five newly recorded webinars on how to complete the activities in our Focus on Value Chain now available.
Express value the way stakeholders do with Value Chain analysis
"I can now sit in a meeting with my stakeholders and articulate the role information plays in their workflows. They understand our contribution to their success." Information Senior Scientist, heavy manufacturing industry
With Jinfo Consulting, you get accountability, fine-tuned guidance and industry-wide perspective.
- Portfolio value is an inside job
Thursday, 23rd September 2021
- Capacity comes from strategy
Wednesday, 15th September 2021
- Tie portfolio value to commercial impact
Monday, 13th September 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step five - your evolution work plan)
Wednesday, 11th August 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step four - assess your team’s characteristics)
Tuesday, 22nd June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step three - envision your Known Fors)
Thursday, 10th June 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - make progress on your evolution, with your peers
Friday, 23rd July 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - examples of Pillars of Service and Known Fors
Wednesday, 23rd June 2021
- Community deck - scorecards - how information teams are designing and using them
Wednesday, 2nd June 2021
- Investment philosophies for strategic portfolio management (Community) Thursday, 2nd December 2021
- Negotiation role-play for content licensing professionals (Community) Thursday, 7th October 2021
- Teeing up value-based budget conversations for content licensing (Community) Tuesday, 21st September 2021
- Value Chain (step five - putting the Value Chain together) (Webinar) Tuesday, 31st August 2021
- Value Chain (step four - measurement - selecting and collecting data) (Webinar) Monday, 30th August 2021
- Value Chain (step three - your contributions to the Value Chain) (Webinar) Friday, 27th August 2021