Willem (Bill) Noorlander is a partner at BST America, an information and market data consulting and outsourcing firm, located in New York City. He manages the Market Data Consultancy Practice, servicing a client base which includes firms from the financial services, global consulting, accounting, legal and pharmaceutical sectors.
Over the last 20 years he has focused on information management, including in-depth knowledge of usage requirements, information sourcing and contract negotiations. Bill speaks and presents at a number of information and market data conferences and has written numerous articles on current topics relating to information procurement and management.
Articles by Willem Noorlander:
Negotiations in this time - what to expect
Tuesday, 22nd September 2020
With the business world beset by challenges, what has been the impact on negotiations between suppliers of content and data and their clients in the information management world? Here, we outline and examine the changes we're seeing in vendor-client relationships as both sides try to react and adapt in pressured times.
Best approach to content and data product licensing
Wednesday, 11th March 2020
Content and data product licensing is an area beset by misconceptions, with many failing to grasp that when you pay for data, you're paying for usage within defined terms rather than ownership of data. How well you can negotiate those terms can benefit your organisation greatly, or affect it negatively. Here, Jinfo explains the key factors to bear in mind when approaching data licensing.
Content purchasing to content licensing - changing the perception
Friday, 25th October 2019
There are many divergent views on how information and data can be used, including the level of ownership, and if users exceed the terms and conditions set by the data supplier it can have serious implications for an organisation. This article looks at common misconceptions in relation to the use of data, the different rules that apply when sourcing it, as well the restricted usage rights that may exist in relation to content. It also offers some practical next steps to ensure compliance with the supplier's guidelines.
How info pros can develop and improve their negotiating skills
Monday, 25th March 2019
Negotiating with information suppliers is a key skill needed by information professionals but is often faced with trepidation. This article looks at how to break down the negotiation process into more manageable parts so as to get the best outcome for everyone involved in supplier management and negotiations.
Measuring ROI for information services and professionals - an alternative point of view
Monday, 14th May 2018
This article looks at how return on investment (ROI) is measured in the information profession and explores some of the changes that have taken place over the past 15 years, how to best measure ROI and what information professionals need to deliver high value.
Five newly recorded webinars on how to complete the activities in our Focus on Value Chain now available.
Express value the way stakeholders do with Value Chain analysis
"I can now sit in a meeting with my stakeholders and articulate the role information plays in their workflows. They understand our contribution to their success." Information Senior Scientist, heavy manufacturing industry
With Jinfo Consulting, you get accountability, fine-tuned guidance and industry-wide perspective.
- Capacity comes from strategy
Wednesday, 15th September 2021
- Tie portfolio value to commercial impact
Monday, 13th September 2021
- Theory, practice, and demonstrating ROI
Thursday, 9th September 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step five - your evolution work plan)
Wednesday, 11th August 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step four - assess your team’s characteristics)
Tuesday, 22nd June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step three - envision your Known Fors)
Thursday, 10th June 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - make progress on your evolution, with your peers
Friday, 23rd July 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - examples of Pillars of Service and Known Fors
Wednesday, 23rd June 2021
- Community deck - scorecards - how information teams are designing and using them
Wednesday, 2nd June 2021
- Investment philosophies for strategic portfolio management (Community) Thursday, 2nd December 2021
- Negotiation role-play for content licensing professionals (Community) Thursday, 7th October 2021
- Teeing up value-based budget conversations for content licensing (Community) Tuesday, 21st September 2021
- Value Chain (step five - putting the Value Chain together) (Webinar) Tuesday, 31st August 2021
- Value Chain (step four - measurement - selecting and collecting data) (Webinar) Monday, 30th August 2021
- Value Chain (step three - your contributions to the Value Chain) (Webinar) Friday, 27th August 2021