Cindy Elliott is an Assistant Librarian in Research Services at the University of Arizona in Tucson, Arizona. Prior to her academic career, she provided research and information services as a corporate librarian in the biotechnology field for Ventana Medical Systems, Inc.
Articles by Cindy Elliott:
Garner Additional Research Sources with Grey Literature
Friday, 14th June 2013
Grey literature can offer researchers a wealth of additional information, not just in text form but video, infographics and presentations. Cindy Elliott introduces this resource which exists outside the traditional publishing model and offers some tips for incorporating grey literature into your research strategy.
Beyond the Pale: Researching Non-Text Resources and Grey Literature
Wednesday, 12th June 2013
Grey literature is material created by government, academics, non-profits and industry that exists outside the traditional publishing model. Non-text grey literature includes a wide variety of items, from audiovisual media and presentations to technical reports and tweets. Finding non-text research resources is not easy, many of the formats are non-traditional text, image or multimedia-based so they are not easily found using traditional database search tools. Cindy Elliott provides some suggestions on starting your search to find non-text grey literature.
Five newly recorded webinars on how to complete the activities in our Focus on Value Chain now available.
Express value the way stakeholders do with Value Chain analysis
"I can now sit in a meeting with my stakeholders and articulate the role information plays in their workflows. They understand our contribution to their success." Information Senior Scientist, heavy manufacturing industry
With Jinfo Consulting, you get accountability, fine-tuned guidance and industry-wide perspective.
- Capacity comes from strategy
Wednesday, 15th September 2021
- Tie portfolio value to commercial impact
Monday, 13th September 2021
- Theory, practice, and demonstrating ROI
Thursday, 9th September 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step five - your evolution work plan)
Wednesday, 11th August 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step four - assess your team’s characteristics)
Tuesday, 22nd June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step three - envision your Known Fors)
Thursday, 10th June 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - make progress on your evolution, with your peers
Friday, 23rd July 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - examples of Pillars of Service and Known Fors
Wednesday, 23rd June 2021
- Community deck - scorecards - how information teams are designing and using them
Wednesday, 2nd June 2021
- Investment philosophies for strategic portfolio management (Community) Thursday, 2nd December 2021
- Negotiation role-play for content licensing professionals (Community) Thursday, 7th October 2021
- Teeing up value-based budget conversations for content licensing (Community) Tuesday, 21st September 2021
- Value Chain (step five - putting the Value Chain together) (Webinar) Tuesday, 31st August 2021
- Value Chain (step four - measurement - selecting and collecting data) (Webinar) Monday, 30th August 2021
- Value Chain (step three - your contributions to the Value Chain) (Webinar) Friday, 27th August 2021