Dee Magnoni is the Library Director at Franklin W. Olin College of Engineering in Needham, Massachusetts, USA. She was hired as the library"s first director in 2002 and set up much of the services and resources from scratch, including a realia collection that engages several of the students" intelligences. Dee"s creation of internal and external partnerships has led to deeper integration of the library into the curriculum and stronger services and resources available to the community.
Dee previously worked in both business and engineering libraries within corporate America and academia. She received her MLS from SUNY-Albany (1992) and her BA from Lehigh University (1986).
Articles by Dee Magnoni:
Collaboration in Cape Town: IATUL Annual Conference
Monday, 29th July 2013
At this year's IATUL Annual Conference, library directors and senior managers shared experiences and networking opportunities and heard from renowned speakers on subjects such as technology trends which will impact their work. Trends to watch in 2013 include the evolution of search, cloud computing, social/gaming and linked open data. Other technology developments which will continue to shape services include those around blended learning, e-research and open access.
Five newly recorded webinars on how to complete the activities in our Focus on Value Chain now available.
Express value the way stakeholders do with Value Chain analysis
"I can now sit in a meeting with my stakeholders and articulate the role information plays in their workflows. They understand our contribution to their success." Information Senior Scientist, heavy manufacturing industry
With Jinfo Consulting, you get accountability, fine-tuned guidance and industry-wide perspective.
- Capacity comes from strategy
Wednesday, 15th September 2021
- Tie portfolio value to commercial impact
Monday, 13th September 2021
- Theory, practice, and demonstrating ROI
Thursday, 9th September 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step five - your evolution work plan)
Wednesday, 11th August 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step four - assess your team’s characteristics)
Tuesday, 22nd June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step three - envision your Known Fors)
Thursday, 10th June 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - make progress on your evolution, with your peers
Friday, 23rd July 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - examples of Pillars of Service and Known Fors
Wednesday, 23rd June 2021
- Community deck - scorecards - how information teams are designing and using them
Wednesday, 2nd June 2021
- Investment philosophies for strategic portfolio management (Community) Thursday, 2nd December 2021
- Negotiation role-play for content licensing professionals (Community) Thursday, 7th October 2021
- Teeing up value-based budget conversations for content licensing (Community) Tuesday, 21st September 2021
- Value Chain (step five - putting the Value Chain together) (Webinar) Tuesday, 31st August 2021
- Value Chain (step four - measurement - selecting and collecting data) (Webinar) Monday, 30th August 2021
- Value Chain (step three - your contributions to the Value Chain) (Webinar) Friday, 27th August 2021