Anne Lonergan has over 15 years" experience in the information industry. Until recently Anne was living in New York where she worked for Deloitte and managed a portfolio of global research products. Anne has a keen interest in identifying ways to increase the return on investment in research products - through communications, training and greater workflow integration.
Anne"s previous roles have included establishing an offshore research team as well as conducting in-depth research for the energy and consumer business sectors.
Articles by Anne Lonergan:
Sophisticated News Search from Nexis
Wednesday, 27th November 2013
The recently-introduced News Search option from Nexis® (known as Nexis.com in the US) allows even a novice searcher to create a sophisticated search whilst still maintaining the flexibility to satisfy a power user, finds researcher Anne Lonergan. Nexis is a comprehensive global business information research tool, providing access to thousands of sources via one interface, including business and financial news; company, biographical and industry intelligence; trade journal and market research materials; legal and regulatory records; and social media content.
Product Review of Nexis: Executive Summary
Friday, 22nd November 2013
Nexis is a comprehensive global business information research tool, providing access to thousands of sources all via one interface, reports Anne Lonergan in her executive summary. Its key strengths are breadth of content; ease of use; authoritative, licensed content; strong archive; advanced search and alerting functionality; and training and support.
Update: A new review of this product is available here »
Product Review of Nexis: UI, Help, Add-Ons, Pricing & Contact Details
Wednesday, 20th November 2013
The user interface, help features and complementary products - Media Coverage Analyser, Company Dossier and Nexis Publisher - are under scrutiny in the final part of Anne Lonergan's review of online information source Nexis (known as Nexis.com in the US). Pricing options and contact information are also provided.
Product Review of Nexis: Search & Output Options
Monday, 18th November 2013
Continuing her review of global news and business resource Nexis (known as Nexis.com in the US), Anne Lonergan looks at the search and output options available. She covers the classic results page and the new search results page, which offers features such as the ability to view information in column format, to make it easier to scan through the results. You can also preview articles from the new results page.
Product Review of Nexis: Sources, Content & Coverage
Thursday, 14th November 2013
The second part of Anne Lonergan's review of Nexis (known as Nexis.com in the US) looks at the sources, content and coverage available in this comprehensive global business information research tool. Content includes over 5 billion documents and records; 800 global newswires and blogs; coverage of over 200 million companies worldwide; and 28,000 news and business sources.
Reports by Anne Lonergan:
FreePint Report: Product Review of Nexis
Tuesday, 26th November 2013
Nexis® is a comprehensive global business information research tool, providing access to thousands of sources all via one interface. Its key strengths...
FreePint Report: Product Review of M-Adaptive
Monday, 28th October 2013
M-Adaptive is a SaaS-based media monitoring tool that brings together editorial and social media content. Launched a year ago it promises to be an eff...
Latest in this Focus: Get started adapting the model to your environment with step-by-step guidance on practical activities for strategic planning. Define your own future where information is a strategic asset to your organisation.
What clients say about Centre of Excellence:
"Jinfo's Pillars of Service and Known Fors activities feed our overall mission and vision. Everything we do has to align with these, and if it doesn't, we ask the question, 'Why are we doing this?' We can communicate more effectively what we do and move away from the transactional view. Let me stress... there is a huge return on this work. It allows us to chart our own destiny." Director of Information Services, pharmaceutical industry
A Jinfo Subscription gets you access to activity-based content to move your projects forward, plus dynamic peer group discussions on meaty topics.
- Capacity comes from strategy
Wednesday, 15th September 2021
- Tie portfolio value to commercial impact
Monday, 13th September 2021
- Theory, practice, and demonstrating ROI
Thursday, 9th September 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step five - your evolution work plan)
Wednesday, 11th August 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step four - assess your team’s characteristics)
Tuesday, 22nd June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step three - envision your Known Fors)
Thursday, 10th June 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - make progress on your evolution, with your peers
Friday, 23rd July 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - examples of Pillars of Service and Known Fors
Wednesday, 23rd June 2021
- Community deck - scorecards - how information teams are designing and using them
Wednesday, 2nd June 2021
- Investment philosophies for strategic portfolio management (Community) Thursday, 2nd December 2021
- Negotiation role-play for content licensing professionals (Community) Thursday, 7th October 2021
- Teeing up value-based budget conversations for content licensing (Community) Tuesday, 21st September 2021
- Value Chain (step five - putting the Value Chain together) (Webinar) Tuesday, 31st August 2021
- Value Chain (step four - measurement - selecting and collecting data) (Webinar) Monday, 30th August 2021
- Value Chain (step three - your contributions to the Value Chain) (Webinar) Friday, 27th August 2021