Jantinus Meints joined EY over 30 years ago in the Netherlands and has had a very diverse career, varying from a client-facing auditor to the project manager for deploying the first personal computers, as well as being a member of EY"s first global knowledge management steering group. Recent positions have included Chief Knowledge Officer for the Central European Area and the Knowledge Operations Leader for EMEIA.
Since 2010, Jantinus has been leading the knowledge organisation"s Global Acquired External Content team, responsible for advising on EY"s information contracts.
Articles by Jantinus Meints:
Introducing the Acquired Content Adviser
Monday, 18th November 2013
The information market is in a period of great change, creating the opportunity to rethink the way we procure content. Organisations need professionals in place who understand both the business and the information marketplace, argues Jantinus Meints of EY as he makes the case for the "acquired content adviser" whose mission is to guide the business in developing a portfolio of content that provides the best value.
From Content Cost to Value: the Rise of the Content Adviser
Monday, 18th November 2013
Jantinus Meints of EY explains how the company's content procurement process aims to meet the dual requirements of negotiating a good price on content licences and identifying the content that aligns with the professional services firm's strategy. He also explores the impact of the move from tangible to intangible content and the importance of optimising content purchases through a portfolio approach.
Five newly recorded webinars on how to complete the activities in our Focus on Value Chain now available.
Express value the way stakeholders do with Value Chain analysis
"I can now sit in a meeting with my stakeholders and articulate the role information plays in their workflows. They understand our contribution to their success." Information Senior Scientist, heavy manufacturing industry
With Jinfo Consulting, you get accountability, fine-tuned guidance and industry-wide perspective.
- Capacity comes from strategy
Wednesday, 15th September 2021
- Tie portfolio value to commercial impact
Monday, 13th September 2021
- Theory, practice, and demonstrating ROI
Thursday, 9th September 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step five - your evolution work plan)
Wednesday, 11th August 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step four - assess your team’s characteristics)
Tuesday, 22nd June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step three - envision your Known Fors)
Thursday, 10th June 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - make progress on your evolution, with your peers
Friday, 23rd July 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - examples of Pillars of Service and Known Fors
Wednesday, 23rd June 2021
- Community deck - scorecards - how information teams are designing and using them
Wednesday, 2nd June 2021
- Investment philosophies for strategic portfolio management (Community) Thursday, 2nd December 2021
- Negotiation role-play for content licensing professionals (Community) Thursday, 7th October 2021
- Teeing up value-based budget conversations for content licensing (Community) Tuesday, 21st September 2021
- Value Chain (step five - putting the Value Chain together) (Webinar) Tuesday, 31st August 2021
- Value Chain (step four - measurement - selecting and collecting data) (Webinar) Monday, 30th August 2021
- Value Chain (step three - your contributions to the Value Chain) (Webinar) Friday, 27th August 2021