Michael Gruenberg founded Gruenberg Consulting, LLC in January 2012 to provide clients with sales staff analysis, market research, executive coaching, tradeshow preparedness and best practices, and advice for improving negotiation skills for librarians.
Formerly director of sales for strategic account management at ProQuest, Mike organised and led the sales team that developed the Fortune 500/Corporate and Medical/Healthcare markets. He held senior sales positions at Disclosure, OneSource, Primary Source Media and Oxford Analytica over a 30+ year career.
He is an avid lifelong collector of music recordings and since 2000 a columnist for www.jambands.com.
Articles by Michael Gruenberg:
Mutual Negotiation Success for Information Professionals and Salespeople
Wednesday, 19th March 2014
The process of purchasing information products and services can be a complex one. Michael Gruenberg, author of the book "Buying and Selling Information", illustrates how information professionals and the vendors who supply them can move towards a more successful sales and ongoing customer relationship.
The Importance of Value
Wednesday, 19th March 2014
Michael Gruenberg, author of the book "Buying and Selling Information" provides insights into how to get the most out of the buying (or selling) process. He sheds light on how it's about much more than price; equally as important are relationships and quality of product. Mike also illustrates the importance of appreciating features vs benefits.
Five newly recorded webinars on how to complete the activities in our Focus on Value Chain now available.
Express value the way stakeholders do with Value Chain analysis
"I can now sit in a meeting with my stakeholders and articulate the role information plays in their workflows. They understand our contribution to their success." Information Senior Scientist, heavy manufacturing industry
With Jinfo Consulting, you get accountability, fine-tuned guidance and industry-wide perspective.
- Capacity comes from strategy
Wednesday, 15th September 2021
- Tie portfolio value to commercial impact
Monday, 13th September 2021
- Theory, practice, and demonstrating ROI
Thursday, 9th September 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step five - your evolution work plan)
Wednesday, 11th August 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step four - assess your team’s characteristics)
Tuesday, 22nd June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step three - envision your Known Fors)
Thursday, 10th June 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - make progress on your evolution, with your peers
Friday, 23rd July 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - examples of Pillars of Service and Known Fors
Wednesday, 23rd June 2021
- Community deck - scorecards - how information teams are designing and using them
Wednesday, 2nd June 2021
- Investment philosophies for strategic portfolio management (Community) Thursday, 2nd December 2021
- Negotiation role-play for content licensing professionals (Community) Thursday, 7th October 2021
- Teeing up value-based budget conversations for content licensing (Community) Tuesday, 21st September 2021
- Value Chain (step five - putting the Value Chain together) (Webinar) Tuesday, 31st August 2021
- Value Chain (step four - measurement - selecting and collecting data) (Webinar) Monday, 30th August 2021
- Value Chain (step three - your contributions to the Value Chain) (Webinar) Friday, 27th August 2021