Wayne Jones has 15 years of experience at Fortune 100 technology firms in a variety of roles spanning strategy, operations and marketing. Currently, he is the intelligence lead for software for IBM. With a background in the social sciences, Wayne"s primary interest is the way that cultural factors and social hierarchies influence the behaviour and performance of organisations.
He lives in the San Francisco Bay area but travels extensively, aiming to visit at least five new countries each year. Contact Wayne on LinkedIn.
Articles by Wayne Jones:
The Latest Visualisation Techniques Should Be Part of the CI Professional's Toolbox
Friday, 30th May 2014
Competitive intelligence by its nature requires the presentation of new and complex ideas to audiences that are not necessarily predisposed to hear them. Wayne Jones explains how the latest visualisation tools and techniques can help your ideas get through to your audience.
Turn Your Insights into Action with the Latest Tools for CI Communication
Thursday, 29th May 2014
Competitive intelligence professionals face an uphill battle communicating their insights to internal stakeholders and inspiring action. New tools and techniques for effective communication can help ensure that your message is heard and acted upon. Wayne Jones highlights some of the best new tools, including Perspective, Prezi and Tableau as well as highlighting new visualisation features in well-known tools such as Excel.
Five newly recorded webinars on how to complete the activities in our Focus on Value Chain now available.
Express value the way stakeholders do with Value Chain analysis
"I can now sit in a meeting with my stakeholders and articulate the role information plays in their workflows. They understand our contribution to their success." Information Senior Scientist, heavy manufacturing industry
With Jinfo Consulting, you get accountability, fine-tuned guidance and industry-wide perspective.
- Capacity comes from strategy
Wednesday, 15th September 2021
- Tie portfolio value to commercial impact
Monday, 13th September 2021
- Theory, practice, and demonstrating ROI
Thursday, 9th September 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step five - your evolution work plan)
Wednesday, 11th August 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step four - assess your team’s characteristics)
Tuesday, 22nd June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step three - envision your Known Fors)
Thursday, 10th June 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - make progress on your evolution, with your peers
Friday, 23rd July 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - examples of Pillars of Service and Known Fors
Wednesday, 23rd June 2021
- Community deck - scorecards - how information teams are designing and using them
Wednesday, 2nd June 2021
- Investment philosophies for strategic portfolio management (Community) Thursday, 2nd December 2021
- Negotiation role-play for content licensing professionals (Community) Thursday, 7th October 2021
- Teeing up value-based budget conversations for content licensing (Community) Tuesday, 21st September 2021
- Value Chain (step five - putting the Value Chain together) (Webinar) Tuesday, 31st August 2021
- Value Chain (step four - measurement - selecting and collecting data) (Webinar) Monday, 30th August 2021
- Value Chain (step three - your contributions to the Value Chain) (Webinar) Friday, 27th August 2021