Clare Brown is a qualified library and information professional with over 25 years" experience. Her areas of expertise include current awareness, legal and business research, management and administration of small legal libraries, and knowledge management issues. In her current role, she provides client support for a news aggregator, writing how-to guides and developing new services.
In her other life, she enjoys travelling and living abroad, sampling and cooking with local ingredients to entertain friends, and creating, maintaining and writing for various blogs. Find Clare at email@example.com and on LinkedIn.
Articles by Clare Brown:
My Favourite Tipples from a news aggregator topic specialist
Wednesday, 25th July 2018
My Favourite Tipples are shared by Clare Brown, an experienced library and information professional and topic specialist in law at current awareness platform provider Vable. She shares some of her most-used resources in areas from project management to CPD and ship identification.
My Favourite Tipples from a Solo UK Law Librarian
Wednesday, 21st January 2015
My Favourite Tipples are shared by Clare Brown, a library and information professional with 20 years' experience in the legal sector. She shares her favourite blogs, apps and sites in areas from current awareness to responsible media, and efficiency.
Evolution in the Legal Information Market
Thursday, 26th June 2014
Clare Brown looks at key developments in the legal information sector and highlights key areas to watch including ebooks, federated search and alternative methods of database access.
Social & Savvy - FreePint for Legal Professionals
Monday, 16th June 2014
Clare Brown examines how FreePint can help legal information professionals. She highlights articles evaluating Nexis, a business and news product, as well as those on social enterprise within and outside the organisation. Most importantly she includes articles about how legal information centres can prove their worth to management.
Five newly recorded webinars on how to complete the activities in our Focus on Value Chain now available.
Express value the way stakeholders do with Value Chain analysis
"I can now sit in a meeting with my stakeholders and articulate the role information plays in their workflows. They understand our contribution to their success." Information Senior Scientist, heavy manufacturing industry
With Jinfo Consulting, you get accountability, fine-tuned guidance and industry-wide perspective.
- Portfolio value is an inside job
Thursday, 23rd September 2021
- Capacity comes from strategy
Wednesday, 15th September 2021
- Tie portfolio value to commercial impact
Monday, 13th September 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step five - your evolution work plan)
Wednesday, 11th August 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step four - assess your team’s characteristics)
Tuesday, 22nd June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step three - envision your Known Fors)
Thursday, 10th June 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - make progress on your evolution, with your peers
Friday, 23rd July 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - examples of Pillars of Service and Known Fors
Wednesday, 23rd June 2021
- Community deck - scorecards - how information teams are designing and using them
Wednesday, 2nd June 2021
- Investment philosophies for strategic portfolio management (Community) Thursday, 2nd December 2021
- Negotiation role-play for content licensing professionals (Community) Thursday, 7th October 2021
- Teeing up value-based budget conversations for content licensing (Community) Tuesday, 21st September 2021
- Value Chain (step five - putting the Value Chain together) (Webinar) Tuesday, 31st August 2021
- Value Chain (step four - measurement - selecting and collecting data) (Webinar) Monday, 30th August 2021
- Value Chain (step three - your contributions to the Value Chain) (Webinar) Friday, 27th August 2021