With an MA Classics (Cambridge) and MCILIP (Leeds) Carol has worked in a variety of roles since 1973 in UK public and university libraries, in Brussels at the Centre for European Policy Studies; an American law firm and the British Council.
At the European Commission Central Library since 1987, she worked in all areas from technical to front desk. Currently advisor to the Head of Library tasked to encourage and implement modernisation and co-operation between Commission, EU institution and external libraries, and with colleagues in other Commission departments, where policies have an impact on, or can benefit from information professionals.
Articles by Carol Bream:
My Favourite Tipples from a European Union Specialist
Tuesday, 8th July 2014
My Favourite Tipples are shared by Carol Bream, advisor to the Head of the Library of the European Commission Central Library where she focuses on the future development of library and information services. She shares her favourite online resources on topics from resource discovery to metadata and EU publications.
Five newly recorded webinars on how to complete the activities in our Focus on Value Chain now available.
Express value the way stakeholders do with Value Chain analysis
"I can now sit in a meeting with my stakeholders and articulate the role information plays in their workflows. They understand our contribution to their success." Information Senior Scientist, heavy manufacturing industry
With Jinfo Consulting, you get accountability, fine-tuned guidance and industry-wide perspective.
- Capacity comes from strategy
Wednesday, 15th September 2021
- Tie portfolio value to commercial impact
Monday, 13th September 2021
- Theory, practice, and demonstrating ROI
Thursday, 9th September 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step five - your evolution work plan)
Wednesday, 11th August 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step four - assess your team’s characteristics)
Tuesday, 22nd June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step three - envision your Known Fors)
Thursday, 10th June 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - make progress on your evolution, with your peers
Friday, 23rd July 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - examples of Pillars of Service and Known Fors
Wednesday, 23rd June 2021
- Community deck - scorecards - how information teams are designing and using them
Wednesday, 2nd June 2021
- Investment philosophies for strategic portfolio management (Community) Thursday, 2nd December 2021
- Negotiation role-play for content licensing professionals (Community) Thursday, 7th October 2021
- Teeing up value-based budget conversations for content licensing (Community) Tuesday, 21st September 2021
- Value Chain (step five - putting the Value Chain together) (Webinar) Tuesday, 31st August 2021
- Value Chain (step four - measurement - selecting and collecting data) (Webinar) Monday, 30th August 2021
- Value Chain (step three - your contributions to the Value Chain) (Webinar) Friday, 27th August 2021