Cathy Chiba is a science and technology analyst who loves writing, thinking, and speaking about science, technology, and technological change. She owns Dauratus Research, helping creative, innovative change-makers confidently navigate patent and technical information as they strive to transform their worlds. She"s worked with companies creating disruptive innovation and those responding to it; companies defending claims to technology and those disputing it.
She"s deeply interested in technology, change, and innovation, and has seen it from multiple perspectives: consumer, educator, academic, librarian, IP specialist, enthusiast, consultant. And yes, she does miss blowing things up for a living. Twitter: @cathychiba
Articles by Cathy Chiba:
Innography Comes of Age
Wednesday, 20th August 2014
Following her review of Innography and its key intellectual property products, Cathy Chiba considers the company's evolution and the value it offers its customers.
Product Review of Innography (Value - Development & Pricing)
Monday, 18th August 2014
In the final part of her review of Innography's intellectual property research products, Cathy Chiba covers the platform's maturity and development programme. She outlines the pricing options for Advanced Analysis, Innography Explorer and PatentScout and details the value each of the three solutions offers decision-makers in the IP and technology development field.
Product Review of Innography (Value - Overview and Competitors)
Friday, 15th August 2014
The value offered by Innography's intellectual property business intelligence tools are covered in the ninth part of Cathy Chiba's review. She also investigates the competitor landscape, from patent information providers to those in the legal information and competitive intelligence space.
Product Review of Innography (Technology - PatentScout; FreePint's View)
Thursday, 14th August 2014
In the eighth part of her review of Innography, Cathy Chiba introduces PatentScout, a secure, private alternative to free online patent databases. She looks into the features designed to encourage user adoption and reduce the administrative load of policing corporate usage of free online tools - and explains why IP-savvy organisations will find this tool of interest.
Product Review of Innography (Technology - Innography Explorer; FreePint's View)
Wednesday, 13th August 2014
The seventh part of Cathy Chiba's review of Innography examines Innography Explorer, the application for R&D teams and technical decision-makers, which provides features for secure collaboration as well as workflow templates for idea validation and invention disclosure preparation. She also gives FreePint's View of Advanced Analysis and Innography Explorer.
Reports by Cathy Chiba:
FreePint Report: Product Review of Innography
Sunday, 17th August 2014
Cathy Chiba reviews Innography and some of its key intellectual property products: Advanced Analysis, Innography Explorer and PatentScout. Innography"...
Five newly recorded webinars on how to complete the activities in our Focus on Value Chain now available.
Express value the way stakeholders do with Value Chain analysis
"I can now sit in a meeting with my stakeholders and articulate the role information plays in their workflows. They understand our contribution to their success." Information Senior Scientist, heavy manufacturing industry
With Jinfo Consulting, you get accountability, fine-tuned guidance and industry-wide perspective.
- Portfolio value is an inside job
Thursday, 23rd September 2021
- Capacity comes from strategy
Wednesday, 15th September 2021
- Tie portfolio value to commercial impact
Monday, 13th September 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step five - your evolution work plan)
Wednesday, 11th August 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step four - assess your team’s characteristics)
Tuesday, 22nd June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step three - envision your Known Fors)
Thursday, 10th June 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - make progress on your evolution, with your peers
Friday, 23rd July 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - examples of Pillars of Service and Known Fors
Wednesday, 23rd June 2021
- Community deck - scorecards - how information teams are designing and using them
Wednesday, 2nd June 2021
- Investment philosophies for strategic portfolio management (Community) Thursday, 2nd December 2021
- Negotiation role-play for content licensing professionals (Community) Thursday, 7th October 2021
- Teeing up value-based budget conversations for content licensing (Community) Tuesday, 21st September 2021
- Value Chain (step five - putting the Value Chain together) (Webinar) Tuesday, 31st August 2021
- Value Chain (step four - measurement - selecting and collecting data) (Webinar) Monday, 30th August 2021
- Value Chain (step three - your contributions to the Value Chain) (Webinar) Friday, 27th August 2021