Catherine Pask is an information specialist at the NSPCC based in London, she has a degree in information management and has also worked at the BBC News Library, at an internet company and was involved with research at Business Link.
She also occasionally works as a freelancer with a wide range of companies finding timely and relevant information; she knows the difference quality information can make to business decisions. Contact Catherine at firstname.lastname@example.org
Photo (c) Lily Sawyer Photography
Articles by Catherine Pask:
My Favourite Tipples from an information specialist at the NSPCC
Wednesday, 1st November 2017
My Favourite Tipples are shared by Catherine Pask, information specialist at the NSPCC, which holds the only UK library dedicated to child protection, child abuse and child neglect.
What does declining usage reveal about my current awareness service?
Wednesday, 20th July 2016
Current awareness is often the backbone of an information service's offering. With today's changing information landscape, what does declining usage tell us about the service we are offering? Catherine Pask looks at ways to measure usage and steps to take to meet users' needs.
Market Landscape of Aggregation Platforms
Monday, 7th December 2015
FreePint presents an overview of some key vendors in the aggregation space. The table identifies key vendor products, briefly describes their key features, notes the types of content and sources that can be ingested, singles out any special features of each service and notes key use-cases and value. Products covered are: Alacra Premium, Attensa, EditorEye, Intelligence Plaza, Knowledge.Works, Linex Systems, Manzama, SinglePoint and Solcara.
How to Develop Strong Relationships between Buyers and Suppliers
Wednesday, 25th November 2015
Catherine Pask reports on feedback from information managers to provide suggested steps and tips for improving relationships between buyers and sellers of information, such as avoiding surprises and keeping communications open.
Q&A with Factiva - News on the Move
Monday, 12th October 2015
Catherine Pask interviews Brian Gelinas, general manager of Factiva, to find out how users are interacting with content and data via their mobile devices.
Reports by Catherine Pask:
Market landscape - news aggregators covering chinese sources
Monday, 11th April 2016
This report covers five products offering substantial coverage of Chinese sources:
- Northern Light.
We provide a...
Product Review of Intelligence Plaza
Wednesday, 21st January 2015
Intelligence Plaza from Global Intelligence Alliance (GIA) is competitive and market intelligence software that lets customers set up feeds from inter...
Five newly recorded webinars on how to complete the activities in our Focus on Value Chain now available.
Express value the way stakeholders do with Value Chain analysis
"I can now sit in a meeting with my stakeholders and articulate the role information plays in their workflows. They understand our contribution to their success." Information Senior Scientist, heavy manufacturing industry
With Jinfo Consulting, you get accountability, fine-tuned guidance and industry-wide perspective.
- Portfolio value is an inside job
Thursday, 23rd September 2021
- Capacity comes from strategy
Wednesday, 15th September 2021
- Tie portfolio value to commercial impact
Monday, 13th September 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step five - your evolution work plan)
Wednesday, 11th August 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step four - assess your team’s characteristics)
Tuesday, 22nd June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step three - envision your Known Fors)
Thursday, 10th June 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - make progress on your evolution, with your peers
Friday, 23rd July 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - examples of Pillars of Service and Known Fors
Wednesday, 23rd June 2021
- Community deck - scorecards - how information teams are designing and using them
Wednesday, 2nd June 2021
- Investment philosophies for strategic portfolio management (Community) Thursday, 2nd December 2021
- Negotiation role-play for content licensing professionals (Community) Thursday, 7th October 2021
- Teeing up value-based budget conversations for content licensing (Community) Tuesday, 21st September 2021
- Value Chain (step five - putting the Value Chain together) (Webinar) Tuesday, 31st August 2021
- Value Chain (step four - measurement - selecting and collecting data) (Webinar) Monday, 30th August 2021
- Value Chain (step three - your contributions to the Value Chain) (Webinar) Friday, 27th August 2021