Neil Smith is an investigative researcher & trainer, open source intelligence techniques.
After serving over 10 years as a police officer in a major UK police force, then as a counter-fraud specialist for a government department and a fraud investigator for insurance companies, Neil has now spent over 10 years as a full time investigative researcher for clients from insurance companies to law enforcement agencies.
For the last 10 years Neil has taught many hundreds of investigators, mostly from law enforcement, in the art of using the internet as an investigative tool. These courses have taken him all around the UK and into Europe. www.uk-osint.net
Articles by Neil Smith:
My Favourite Tipples from an Investigative Researcher
Wednesday, 19th November 2014
My Favourite Tipples are shared by Neil Smith, a specialist in open source intelligence techniques. He shares some of his favourite online resources in areas from domain names to sources for tracking and tracing people.
Five newly recorded webinars on how to complete the activities in our Focus on Value Chain now available.
Express value the way stakeholders do with Value Chain analysis
"I can now sit in a meeting with my stakeholders and articulate the role information plays in their workflows. They understand our contribution to their success." Information Senior Scientist, heavy manufacturing industry
With Jinfo Consulting, you get accountability, fine-tuned guidance and industry-wide perspective.
- Capacity comes from strategy
Wednesday, 15th September 2021
- Tie portfolio value to commercial impact
Monday, 13th September 2021
- Theory, practice, and demonstrating ROI
Thursday, 9th September 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step five - your evolution work plan)
Wednesday, 11th August 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step four - assess your team’s characteristics)
Tuesday, 22nd June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step three - envision your Known Fors)
Thursday, 10th June 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - make progress on your evolution, with your peers
Friday, 23rd July 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - examples of Pillars of Service and Known Fors
Wednesday, 23rd June 2021
- Community deck - scorecards - how information teams are designing and using them
Wednesday, 2nd June 2021
- Investment philosophies for strategic portfolio management (Community) Thursday, 2nd December 2021
- Negotiation role-play for content licensing professionals (Community) Thursday, 7th October 2021
- Teeing up value-based budget conversations for content licensing (Community) Tuesday, 21st September 2021
- Value Chain (step five - putting the Value Chain together) (Webinar) Tuesday, 31st August 2021
- Value Chain (step four - measurement - selecting and collecting data) (Webinar) Monday, 30th August 2021
- Value Chain (step three - your contributions to the Value Chain) (Webinar) Friday, 27th August 2021