Katharine Schopflin is an information professional with more than 20 years" experience in the media, government and non-profit sectors, in research, intranet content development and knowledge and information management roles. She currently works as part of the information management team at a London local authority. She is the 2018 president of SLA Europe and a member of many other professional associations. Her book, with Matt Walsh, "Practical Knowledge and Information Management" will be published by Facet Publishing in November 2018 and is her third title.
Articles by Katharine Schopflin:
My Favourite Tipples from an information governance manager
Wednesday, 19th September 2018
My Favourite Tipples are shared by Katharine Schopflin, who is responsible for information governance at a London borough and president of SLA Europe. She shares some of her frequently-used resources to do with Freedom of Information, data protection, taxonomy and more.
Networking for best effect - whether or not it comes naturally
Thursday, 8th June 2017
Networking has evolved thanks to the possibilities now offered by technology. Self-proclaimed "joiner", Katharine Schopflin, explains the options for networking and how even those who aren't natural networkers can benefit from making connections, opening up opportunities and gaining support from others in the field.
Why You Might Need a Media Asset Management System
Wednesday, 26th November 2014
This article describes why it is as important to manage our corporate audiovisual material as our written documents. Katharine Schopflin outlines what you need from a system to manage your media assets and what to do if you become responsible for creating order out of asset management chaos.
Audiovisual Assets - an Information Manager's Guide
Tuesday, 25th November 2014
Audiovisual materials proliferate in corporate information systems. Some may be of real value to the organisation, who may not have the systems to support them. This article offers an introduction to media assets, how they can be managed and why it is important that you do so well.
Five newly recorded webinars on how to complete the activities in our Focus on Value Chain now available.
Express value the way stakeholders do with Value Chain analysis
"I can now sit in a meeting with my stakeholders and articulate the role information plays in their workflows. They understand our contribution to their success." Information Senior Scientist, heavy manufacturing industry
With Jinfo Consulting, you get accountability, fine-tuned guidance and industry-wide perspective.
- Capacity comes from strategy
Wednesday, 15th September 2021
- Tie portfolio value to commercial impact
Monday, 13th September 2021
- Theory, practice, and demonstrating ROI
Thursday, 9th September 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step five - your evolution work plan)
Wednesday, 11th August 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step four - assess your team’s characteristics)
Tuesday, 22nd June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step three - envision your Known Fors)
Thursday, 10th June 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - make progress on your evolution, with your peers
Friday, 23rd July 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - examples of Pillars of Service and Known Fors
Wednesday, 23rd June 2021
- Community deck - scorecards - how information teams are designing and using them
Wednesday, 2nd June 2021
- Investment philosophies for strategic portfolio management (Community) Thursday, 2nd December 2021
- Negotiation role-play for content licensing professionals (Community) Thursday, 7th October 2021
- Teeing up value-based budget conversations for content licensing (Community) Tuesday, 21st September 2021
- Value Chain (step five - putting the Value Chain together) (Webinar) Tuesday, 31st August 2021
- Value Chain (step four - measurement - selecting and collecting data) (Webinar) Monday, 30th August 2021
- Value Chain (step three - your contributions to the Value Chain) (Webinar) Friday, 27th August 2021