Nigel Williams is community manager at Interact Intranet. Nigel has consulted on the intranets and extranets of some of the world"s largest companies (as well as broader business efficiency programmes), helping companies maximise the potential of their intranets and evolve these into essential business applications. He leads Interact"s Customer Community and previously managed 4,500-user intranet and extranets, delivering multi-million pound revenue and savings.
Articles by Nigel Williams:
Moving On From a Mediocre Search Experience
Tuesday, 24th March 2015
Nigel Williams of Interact Intranet looks at ineffective intranet search, some of the reasons behind this, and how to make the intranet an integral part of employee collaboration and communication from the start.
Evolve Your Search Into Solve - Stop the Seven Deadly Sins
Tuesday, 3rd March 2015
Nigel Williams of Interact Intranet describes how to go from mediocre search experiences to fantastic "solve" experiences in his article which is part of the FreePint Topic Series "Making Information Visible". He discusses the challenges in making internal content discoverable and covers seven common errors that hinder effective intranet search, and ways to avoid and overcome them in order to evolve from simply searching for information to solving problems.
Five newly recorded webinars on how to complete the activities in our Focus on Value Chain now available.
Express value the way stakeholders do with Value Chain analysis
"I can now sit in a meeting with my stakeholders and articulate the role information plays in their workflows. They understand our contribution to their success." Information Senior Scientist, heavy manufacturing industry
With Jinfo Consulting, you get accountability, fine-tuned guidance and industry-wide perspective.
- Portfolio value is an inside job
Thursday, 23rd September 2021
- Capacity comes from strategy
Wednesday, 15th September 2021
- Tie portfolio value to commercial impact
Monday, 13th September 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step five - your evolution work plan)
Wednesday, 11th August 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step four - assess your team’s characteristics)
Tuesday, 22nd June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step three - envision your Known Fors)
Thursday, 10th June 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - make progress on your evolution, with your peers
Friday, 23rd July 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - examples of Pillars of Service and Known Fors
Wednesday, 23rd June 2021
- Community deck - scorecards - how information teams are designing and using them
Wednesday, 2nd June 2021
- Investment philosophies for strategic portfolio management (Community) Thursday, 2nd December 2021
- Negotiation role-play for content licensing professionals (Community) Thursday, 7th October 2021
- Teeing up value-based budget conversations for content licensing (Community) Tuesday, 21st September 2021
- Value Chain (step five - putting the Value Chain together) (Webinar) Tuesday, 31st August 2021
- Value Chain (step four - measurement - selecting and collecting data) (Webinar) Monday, 30th August 2021
- Value Chain (step three - your contributions to the Value Chain) (Webinar) Friday, 27th August 2021