Bethan Ruddock is content development and project manager at Jisc.
Jisc offers digital services and solutions for UK education and research. Bethan works with data-heavy library and archive services, including Copac, Copac Collections Management Tools, the Archives Hub, and learning analytics.
She is currently serving on the SLA (Special Libraries Association) Board, and is a chartered member of CILIP and a chartership mentor. She is the author of The New Professional"s Toolkit (Facet, 2012), which aims to help new and developing library, archive, and information professionals gain the skills they need for the workplace. Bethan is on Twitter at @bethanar.
Articles by Bethan Ruddock:
My Favourite Tipples from a Digital Data Specialist
Wednesday, 22nd April 2015
My Favourite Tipples are shared by Bethan Ruddock, a librarian working with data-heavy library and archive services for Jisc. She shares her favourite online resources in areas from bibliographic and archive data to coding and time zones.
Five newly recorded webinars on how to complete the activities in our Focus on Value Chain now available.
Express value the way stakeholders do with Value Chain analysis
"I can now sit in a meeting with my stakeholders and articulate the role information plays in their workflows. They understand our contribution to their success." Information Senior Scientist, heavy manufacturing industry
With Jinfo Consulting, you get accountability, fine-tuned guidance and industry-wide perspective.
- Capacity comes from strategy
Wednesday, 15th September 2021
- Tie portfolio value to commercial impact
Monday, 13th September 2021
- Theory, practice, and demonstrating ROI
Thursday, 9th September 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step five - your evolution work plan)
Wednesday, 11th August 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step four - assess your team’s characteristics)
Tuesday, 22nd June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step three - envision your Known Fors)
Thursday, 10th June 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - make progress on your evolution, with your peers
Friday, 23rd July 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - examples of Pillars of Service and Known Fors
Wednesday, 23rd June 2021
- Community deck - scorecards - how information teams are designing and using them
Wednesday, 2nd June 2021
- Investment philosophies for strategic portfolio management (Community) Thursday, 2nd December 2021
- Negotiation role-play for content licensing professionals (Community) Thursday, 7th October 2021
- Teeing up value-based budget conversations for content licensing (Community) Tuesday, 21st September 2021
- Value Chain (step five - putting the Value Chain together) (Webinar) Tuesday, 31st August 2021
- Value Chain (step four - measurement - selecting and collecting data) (Webinar) Monday, 30th August 2021
- Value Chain (step three - your contributions to the Value Chain) (Webinar) Friday, 27th August 2021