Dr. Sonja A. Irlbeck entered the world of developing online learning as soon as it became a possibility in the mid 1980s. In addition to masters and doctorate degrees in instructional systems and training and development from the University of Minnesota, she has years of experience working with competency-based learning, task analysis, and workplace training.
As she winds down her day-to-day focus on instructional design and training and graduate education, she is enjoying investigating some of her favourite topics including competency-based learning.
Articles by Sonja Irlbeck:
Embedding Training in the Workplace
Monday, 15th June 2015
Sonja Irlbeck explores how to enhance team competencies through effective workplace training.
Using Competency-Based Strategies to Develop your Team of Information Professionals
Friday, 12th June 2015
Sonja Irlbeck introduces ideas of competency-based learning embedded in the workplace to help manage employee training and productivity. How can managers support employees’ continuous development so they remain current with their skills and your company remains competitive? How do you encourage employees to gain new skills in the midst of busy work schedules? This article explores options available for workplace training with a focus on enhancing competencies through learning integrated into the workplace environment.
Five newly recorded webinars on how to complete the activities in our Focus on Value Chain now available.
Express value the way stakeholders do with Value Chain analysis
"I can now sit in a meeting with my stakeholders and articulate the role information plays in their workflows. They understand our contribution to their success." Information Senior Scientist, heavy manufacturing industry
With Jinfo Consulting, you get accountability, fine-tuned guidance and industry-wide perspective.
- Capacity comes from strategy
Wednesday, 15th September 2021
- Tie portfolio value to commercial impact
Monday, 13th September 2021
- Theory, practice, and demonstrating ROI
Thursday, 9th September 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step five - your evolution work plan)
Wednesday, 11th August 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step four - assess your team’s characteristics)
Tuesday, 22nd June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step three - envision your Known Fors)
Thursday, 10th June 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - make progress on your evolution, with your peers
Friday, 23rd July 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - examples of Pillars of Service and Known Fors
Wednesday, 23rd June 2021
- Community deck - scorecards - how information teams are designing and using them
Wednesday, 2nd June 2021
- Investment philosophies for strategic portfolio management (Community) Thursday, 2nd December 2021
- Negotiation role-play for content licensing professionals (Community) Thursday, 7th October 2021
- Teeing up value-based budget conversations for content licensing (Community) Tuesday, 21st September 2021
- Value Chain (step five - putting the Value Chain together) (Webinar) Tuesday, 31st August 2021
- Value Chain (step four - measurement - selecting and collecting data) (Webinar) Monday, 30th August 2021
- Value Chain (step three - your contributions to the Value Chain) (Webinar) Friday, 27th August 2021