Bernadette John is the lead consultant at DigitalProfessionalism.com and former lead for Digital Professionalism at King"s College London.
She has over 20 years" experience in various professional roles from midwife to year lead at a medical school. She is an accomplished blogger, social media super user and thought leader in the area of digital professionalism - the competence or values expected of a professional when engaged in social and digital communications.
Articles by Bernadette John:
The Risks of Digital Communication
Friday, 3rd July 2015
Bernadette John is an expert in digital professionalism. She explains why information professionals should be taking the lead in ensuring staff possess appropriate skills to be professional in the digital environment - and what can go wrong if they don't.
Digital Professionalism Skills for the Workforce
Thursday, 2nd July 2015
Bernadette John explains what digital professionalism means and how it goes far beyond an understanding of social media. She goes into detail about why gaining these skills is essential, not just for employees but also for their families and friends, and where knowledge of information governance and confidentiality issues, correct use of images and understanding the risks of shadow IT become particularly important.
Five newly recorded webinars on how to complete the activities in our Focus on Value Chain now available.
Express value the way stakeholders do with Value Chain analysis
"I can now sit in a meeting with my stakeholders and articulate the role information plays in their workflows. They understand our contribution to their success." Information Senior Scientist, heavy manufacturing industry
With Jinfo Consulting, you get accountability, fine-tuned guidance and industry-wide perspective.
- Capacity comes from strategy
Wednesday, 15th September 2021
- Tie portfolio value to commercial impact
Monday, 13th September 2021
- Theory, practice, and demonstrating ROI
Thursday, 9th September 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step five - your evolution work plan)
Wednesday, 11th August 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step four - assess your team’s characteristics)
Tuesday, 22nd June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step three - envision your Known Fors)
Thursday, 10th June 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - make progress on your evolution, with your peers
Friday, 23rd July 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - examples of Pillars of Service and Known Fors
Wednesday, 23rd June 2021
- Community deck - scorecards - how information teams are designing and using them
Wednesday, 2nd June 2021
- Investment philosophies for strategic portfolio management (Community) Thursday, 2nd December 2021
- Negotiation role-play for content licensing professionals (Community) Thursday, 7th October 2021
- Teeing up value-based budget conversations for content licensing (Community) Tuesday, 21st September 2021
- Value Chain (step five - putting the Value Chain together) (Webinar) Tuesday, 31st August 2021
- Value Chain (step four - measurement - selecting and collecting data) (Webinar) Monday, 30th August 2021
- Value Chain (step three - your contributions to the Value Chain) (Webinar) Friday, 27th August 2021