Mandy Smith is a Chartered librarian and information professional with 25 years experience in the oil industry in UK and USA. She did her Bachelors degree at University of Aberdeen UK and then a Masters in Information Management at Robert Gordon University, Aberdeen UK. She worked in various corporate oil company libraries before joining a major subsea contractor in 1991 and took on a global role in 2005 after developing a global records management process with database and retention policy for the archives. She also developed the company library catalogue and virtual library portal of eResources. She manages the Library & Information Service team and virtual library.
Articles by Mandy Smith:
Considerations and Lessons Learnt from Developing a Virtual Information Centre
Monday, 23rd November 2015
Following the article on "Developing a Global Virtual Information Centre in the Subsea Sector", we asked Mandy Smith, the group library manager for the organisation, to identify the key factors for developing such a service and how to ensure it's well-used.
Developing a Global Virtual Information Centre in the Subsea Sector
Thursday, 19th November 2015
Developing and maintaining a corporate virtual information centre provides valuable lessons and reflections for information professionals, including the value of using in-house tools and systems, the variety of authentication methods, value of usage statistics, content supplier issues and future proofing of your role. Mandy Smith, group library manager for a major subsea contractor, explains how they accomplished the transition.
Five newly recorded webinars on how to complete the activities in our Focus on Value Chain now available.
Express value the way stakeholders do with Value Chain analysis
"I can now sit in a meeting with my stakeholders and articulate the role information plays in their workflows. They understand our contribution to their success." Information Senior Scientist, heavy manufacturing industry
With Jinfo Consulting, you get accountability, fine-tuned guidance and industry-wide perspective.
- Portfolio value is an inside job
Thursday, 23rd September 2021
- Capacity comes from strategy
Wednesday, 15th September 2021
- Tie portfolio value to commercial impact
Monday, 13th September 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step five - your evolution work plan)
Wednesday, 11th August 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step four - assess your team’s characteristics)
Tuesday, 22nd June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step three - envision your Known Fors)
Thursday, 10th June 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - make progress on your evolution, with your peers
Friday, 23rd July 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - examples of Pillars of Service and Known Fors
Wednesday, 23rd June 2021
- Community deck - scorecards - how information teams are designing and using them
Wednesday, 2nd June 2021
- Investment philosophies for strategic portfolio management (Community) Thursday, 2nd December 2021
- Negotiation role-play for content licensing professionals (Community) Thursday, 7th October 2021
- Teeing up value-based budget conversations for content licensing (Community) Tuesday, 21st September 2021
- Value Chain (step five - putting the Value Chain together) (Webinar) Tuesday, 31st August 2021
- Value Chain (step four - measurement - selecting and collecting data) (Webinar) Monday, 30th August 2021
- Value Chain (step three - your contributions to the Value Chain) (Webinar) Friday, 27th August 2021