Tina Reynolds is a chartered librarian, with experience in a variety of roles within professional services firms. She currently works for a magic circle law firm. Her interests include vendor management, contract negotiation, value and impact of special libraries, and organisation and workload management.
She has previously written for a number of publications including an article in Performance Measurement and Metrics and is a contributor to the Handbook for Corporate Information Professionals published by Facet. She can be contacted on Twitter at @tinamreynolds or by email at email@example.com. She also blogs on an infrequent basis at tinareynolds.co.uk.
Articles by Tina Reynolds:
Are premium news aggregators worth the investment?
Tuesday, 22nd August 2017
Whilst premium news databases can be very costly, the breadth of content, ability to narrow your search, and reduction of risk, means that they are worth purchasing. In this article, Tina Reynolds discusses the value of resources such as Nexis and Factiva, and the problems they can prevent, as well as offering some tips on how to promote premium news sources within the organisation.
How Do You Ensure the Best Possible Relationship With Your IT Department?
Thursday, 28th January 2016
Building good working relationships between the information centre and IT department can be challenging. Tina Reynolds shares her tips for gaining mutual understanding, making expectations clear on both sides, and evolving a better appreciation of departmental and organisation-wide pressures and deadlines.
Five newly recorded webinars on how to complete the activities in our Focus on Value Chain now available.
Express value the way stakeholders do with Value Chain analysis
"I can now sit in a meeting with my stakeholders and articulate the role information plays in their workflows. They understand our contribution to their success." Information Senior Scientist, heavy manufacturing industry
With Jinfo Consulting, you get accountability, fine-tuned guidance and industry-wide perspective.
- Capacity comes from strategy
Wednesday, 15th September 2021
- Tie portfolio value to commercial impact
Monday, 13th September 2021
- Theory, practice, and demonstrating ROI
Thursday, 9th September 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step five - your evolution work plan)
Wednesday, 11th August 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step four - assess your team’s characteristics)
Tuesday, 22nd June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step three - envision your Known Fors)
Thursday, 10th June 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - make progress on your evolution, with your peers
Friday, 23rd July 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - examples of Pillars of Service and Known Fors
Wednesday, 23rd June 2021
- Community deck - scorecards - how information teams are designing and using them
Wednesday, 2nd June 2021
- Investment philosophies for strategic portfolio management (Community) Thursday, 2nd December 2021
- Negotiation role-play for content licensing professionals (Community) Thursday, 7th October 2021
- Teeing up value-based budget conversations for content licensing (Community) Tuesday, 21st September 2021
- Value Chain (step five - putting the Value Chain together) (Webinar) Tuesday, 31st August 2021
- Value Chain (step four - measurement - selecting and collecting data) (Webinar) Monday, 30th August 2021
- Value Chain (step three - your contributions to the Value Chain) (Webinar) Friday, 27th August 2021