Kate is a creative technologist and co-founder of Artefacto, a digital creative consultancy for galleries, libraries, archives and museums. She has previously been an an eLearning project manager in the NHS, an ICT librarian, an academic librarian and a web developer. She specialises in user experience, web publishing, rapid prototyping and online learning. You can contact her on Twitter @katelomax and LinkedIn.
Articles by Kate Lomax:
Why pay for an intelligence platform?
Monday, 10th September 2018
Just as the amount of information available to us increases, the number of tools to manage and navigate this information has also rapidly increased. More and more people are turning to free web-based tools such as Google Scholar for research discovery or Google Alerts for current awareness. Open source and commercial tools have also continued to evolve. Many now offer varying degrees of automation and machine learning that helps us make sense of the masses of information and data now available to us at work and this article explores some of these issues.
Technology in news curation and the impact on innovation and content reliability
Thursday, 24th August 2017
Tools that help users identify and consume news content that is relevant to their interests can also limit research creativity. In this article, Kate Lomax investigates how news aggregators are using technology to help us deal with the deluge of information that is now available, including the raft of professional current awareness tools and new approaches being employed. She also looks at ways to ensure your information service uses emerging technologies in a way that is user-driven and innovation-focused.
Tools for an information-savvy workforce
Friday, 10th March 2017
How do we use new tools to embed learning and help create an information-savvy workforce in a frictionless and collaborative way? Kate Lomax looks at the current state of workplace learning and explores some of tools and technologies that can help embed informal and "just-in-time" workplace learning throughout the organisation.
My Favourite Tipples from a Creative Technologist
Wednesday, 4th May 2016
My Favourite Tipples are shared by Kate Lomax, a technologist and consultant who specialises in web publishing, rapid prototyping and online learning. Kate shares some of her go-to resources in the field of technology, ebook development, and research.
Impact of Mobile Working on the Digital Workplace
Monday, 29th February 2016
We know about BYOD but what about the impact on work of CYOD (Choose Your Own Device) and remote working policies? Kate Lomax explores changing expectations of work, new findings about employee engagement, and how employee-owned devices can increase productivity.
Five newly recorded webinars on how to complete the activities in our Focus on Value Chain now available.
Express value the way stakeholders do with Value Chain analysis
"I can now sit in a meeting with my stakeholders and articulate the role information plays in their workflows. They understand our contribution to their success." Information Senior Scientist, heavy manufacturing industry
With Jinfo Consulting, you get accountability, fine-tuned guidance and industry-wide perspective.
- Capacity comes from strategy
Wednesday, 15th September 2021
- Tie portfolio value to commercial impact
Monday, 13th September 2021
- Theory, practice, and demonstrating ROI
Thursday, 9th September 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step five - your evolution work plan)
Wednesday, 11th August 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step four - assess your team’s characteristics)
Tuesday, 22nd June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step three - envision your Known Fors)
Thursday, 10th June 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - make progress on your evolution, with your peers
Friday, 23rd July 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - examples of Pillars of Service and Known Fors
Wednesday, 23rd June 2021
- Community deck - scorecards - how information teams are designing and using them
Wednesday, 2nd June 2021
- Investment philosophies for strategic portfolio management (Community) Thursday, 2nd December 2021
- Negotiation role-play for content licensing professionals (Community) Thursday, 7th October 2021
- Teeing up value-based budget conversations for content licensing (Community) Tuesday, 21st September 2021
- Value Chain (step five - putting the Value Chain together) (Webinar) Tuesday, 31st August 2021
- Value Chain (step four - measurement - selecting and collecting data) (Webinar) Monday, 30th August 2021
- Value Chain (step three - your contributions to the Value Chain) (Webinar) Friday, 27th August 2021