Louise is an experienced information professional having worked at major global manufacturing companies Dow Corning and Dow Chemical over the last 27 years where she was a business intelligence manager and knowledge management specialist. She has a passion for bringing insight to technical and commercial professionals by combining her skills in competitive intelligence gathering, market research and technical information searching, including patent searching, with solid analysis, drawing on her previous background in R&D and marketing.
Louise can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org
Articles by Louise Brookes:
Setting and implementing strategy for an information centre
Tuesday, 18th December 2018
During a recent Community session for those responsible for setting information strategy, facilitated by Jinfo's director of research Robin Neidorf, delegates shared their concerns and problems. Best practice and tips were offered with a particular emphasis on the use of technology and its place in information strategy. The group was able to explore the connections between their information strategies and the issues they faced and the part technology can play.
How technology is transforming manufacturing - key challenges and transformational changes
Monday, 10th December 2018
This article discusses how technology is impacting information professionals who work in the manufacturing industry. It discusses the strengths and weaknesses of information centres, how they are positioned to meet the challenges of a typical manufacturing organisation in light of the changes in technology. It also suggests some follow-up actions you can take to transform your information centre and seize these opportunities.
Resolving common problems in current awareness workflows
Friday, 7th December 2018
This article reports on a recent Jinfo webinar which showed that the process of examining and adjusting workflows need not be complicated or overwhelming and that by applying a framework or appropriate model, the task can be split into manageable parts. This approach makes it easier to identify inefficiencies in the process and areas for improvement. It also provided a model for information professionals to work with and shared learnings from recent projects that Jinfo Consulting analysts have been involved in.
Benchmarking through the manufacturing lens
Thursday, 18th October 2018
It is important for information teams to identify, capture and analyse information which will help them improve their processes, ensure that they are using the right resources to achieve their goals, and demonstrate value to their stakeholders. Senior information managers and professionals working in the manufacturing sector took part in a Community session to compare and contrast Jinfo's benchmarking research findings specifically between the manufacturing sector and other industries. This article provides a view of those findings and offers some ideas on their practical application.
My Favourite Tipples from a business and patent information specialist
Wednesday, 5th September 2018
My Favourite Tipples are shared by Louise Brookes, an experienced competitive intelligence and knowledge manager with over 25 years in global manufacturing companies. She shares some of her go-to sources in the areas of patents, market research and withdrawn website content.
Five newly recorded webinars on how to complete the activities in our Focus on Value Chain now available.
Express value the way stakeholders do with Value Chain analysis
"I can now sit in a meeting with my stakeholders and articulate the role information plays in their workflows. They understand our contribution to their success." Information Senior Scientist, heavy manufacturing industry
With Jinfo Consulting, you get accountability, fine-tuned guidance and industry-wide perspective.
- Portfolio value is an inside job
Thursday, 23rd September 2021
- Capacity comes from strategy
Wednesday, 15th September 2021
- Tie portfolio value to commercial impact
Monday, 13th September 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step five - your evolution work plan)
Wednesday, 11th August 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step four - assess your team’s characteristics)
Tuesday, 22nd June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step three - envision your Known Fors)
Thursday, 10th June 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - make progress on your evolution, with your peers
Friday, 23rd July 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - examples of Pillars of Service and Known Fors
Wednesday, 23rd June 2021
- Community deck - scorecards - how information teams are designing and using them
Wednesday, 2nd June 2021
- Investment philosophies for strategic portfolio management (Community) Thursday, 2nd December 2021
- Negotiation role-play for content licensing professionals (Community) Thursday, 7th October 2021
- Teeing up value-based budget conversations for content licensing (Community) Tuesday, 21st September 2021
- Value Chain (step five - putting the Value Chain together) (Webinar) Tuesday, 31st August 2021
- Value Chain (step four - measurement - selecting and collecting data) (Webinar) Monday, 30th August 2021
- Value Chain (step three - your contributions to the Value Chain) (Webinar) Friday, 27th August 2021