Virginia is an information professional, academic and technology specialist with over 35 years" information services management experience within academic and cultural heritage sectors. She is a lecturer at the University of the West of England (UWE) in Bristol, lecturing in Information Science & Management. Virginia is studying for her PhD in participatory culture and the role of social media affordances in information repositories. She is CILIP"s Information Manager of the Year 2018.
Virginia"s academic specialisms include knowledge management in corporate settings and human aspects of technological development, including user experience, human-computer interaction, information governance and compliance, and business technology ethics. She can be contacted via UWE.
Articles by Virginia Power:
My Favourite Tipples from a university lecturer in information science & management
Thursday, 8th November 2018
My Favourite Tipples are shared by Virginia Power, a lecturer and PhD student at the University of the West of England, Bristol. Virginia is CILIP'S UKeIG/K&IM specialist groups Information Manager of the Year 2018. She shares some of the specialised resources she uses for her lectures and tutorials in information science and management.
Express value the way stakeholders do with Value Chain analysis
With Jinfo Consulting, you get accountability, fine-tuned guidance and industry-wide perspective.
- Capacity comes from strategy
Wednesday, 15th September 2021
- Tie portfolio value to commercial impact
Monday, 13th September 2021
- Theory, practice, and demonstrating ROI
Thursday, 9th September 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step five - your evolution work plan)
Wednesday, 11th August 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step four - assess your team’s characteristics)
Tuesday, 22nd June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step three - envision your Known Fors)
Thursday, 10th June 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - make progress on your evolution, with your peers
Friday, 23rd July 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - examples of Pillars of Service and Known Fors
Wednesday, 23rd June 2021
- Community deck - scorecards - how information teams are designing and using them
Wednesday, 2nd June 2021
- Investment philosophies for strategic portfolio management (Community) Thursday, 2nd December 2021
- Negotiation role-play for content licensing professionals (Community) Thursday, 7th October 2021
- Value Chain (step five - putting the Value Chain together) (Webinar) Tuesday, 31st August 2021
- Value Chain (step three - your contributions to the Value Chain) (Webinar) Friday, 27th August 2021