How To Network and LIKE It: A 10 Point Plan [ABSTRACT]
Friday, 5th February 2010
In establishing the fast-growing London Information & Knowledge Exchange (LIKE), Virginia Henry and her cofounders sought to create relevant, inclusive events on a variety of topics, in order to take the perceived sting out of networking. Here she shares tips for creating your own professional networking group.
In establishing the fast-growing London Information &Knowledge Exchange (LIKE), Virginia Henry and her cofounders sought tocreate relevant, inclusive events on a variety of topics, in order totake the perceived sting out of networking. Here she shares tips forcreating your own professional networking group.
It can be truly daunting towalk into a room full of strangers. It doesn't matter how friendly and welcoming they turn out to be if that sinking feeling as you walk through the door stays with you for much of the evening.
This is a brief abstract of the full article. FUMSI subscribers can log in to MyShop at FreePint view the full article. Others can subscribe to FUMSI now for access to the complete archive of FUMSI articles.
- Blog post title: How To Network and LIKE It: A 10 Point Plan [ABSTRACT]
- Link to this page
- View printable version
- How To Network and LIKE It: A 10 Point Plan
Friday, 5th February 2010
- Networking: Overcoming Your Hesitation [ABSTRACT]
Tuesday, 3rd November 2009
- Social Networking: A Research Tool [ABSTRACT]
Monday, 1st September 2008
- Your Online Identity: Key to Marketing and Being Found
Sunday, 30th September 2007
"I never before fully appreciated the role the information service plays in R&D productivity and innovation. This isn't something that benefits our department; this is something that benefits the whole of R&D."
You can make the impact of information on successful R&D visible and measurable, with Value Chain analysis.
Let us help you map Jinfo's Focus areas to your particular challenges with information strategy and operations.
- Gain confidence and trust through new vocabulary
Wednesday, 13th October 2021
- Manage your content portfolio for risk
Monday, 11th October 2021
- Is your content advisory board primed for strategy in 2022?
Thursday, 7th October 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step five - your evolution work plan)
Wednesday, 11th August 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step four - assess your team’s characteristics)
Tuesday, 22nd June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step three - envision your Known Fors)
Thursday, 10th June 2021
- Community deck - teeing up value-based budget conversations for content licensing
Thursday, 30th September 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - make progress on your evolution, with your peers
Friday, 23rd July 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - examples of Pillars of Service and Known Fors
Wednesday, 23rd June 2021
- Investment philosophies for strategic portfolio management (Community) Thursday, 2nd December 2021
- Negotiation role-play for content licensing professionals (Community) Thursday, 7th October 2021
- Teeing up value-based budget conversations for content licensing (Community) Tuesday, 21st September 2021
- Value Chain (step five - putting the Value Chain together) (Webinar) Tuesday, 31st August 2021
- Value Chain (step four - measurement - selecting and collecting data) (Webinar) Monday, 30th August 2021
- Value Chain (step three - your contributions to the Value Chain) (Webinar) Friday, 27th August 2021
Our proven processes, resources and guidance will help your team make the shift from transaction centre to strategic asset.
Designed around the most common challenges and pain points for time- and resource-strapped information teams
A tailored overview of our research and active discussion with your Jinfo analyst.
Measure your starting point to articulate your strengths and set priorities for future improvements. Assessments gauge risk, capacity, value and more.
Read case studies, and start the conversation: