Managing the flow of information with social tools
3rd May 2011
By Stuart Barr
As consumer social tools like Twitter and Facebook start to encroach on our professional lives should we see this as a blessing or a threat? Stuart Barr looks at the many benefits which these tools can bring to the organisation, from being able to collaborate seamlessly with colleagues around the world to finding out what thought leaders in your sector are saying.
Access to Jinfo articles and reports is a benefit of a Jinfo Subscription.
Does your organisation have a Jinfo Subscription?
"Yes, we subscribe"
Please sign in here so that we can check your access to this item:
Submit the Subscription Question form to find out if someone in your organisation already has a subscription or to discuss your questions or requirements.
Or use the 'Text Chat' button at the bottom-right of this page for immediate assistance.
- Article title: Managing the flow of information with social tools
- Link to this page
- View printable version
- Corporate culture vs the social intranet [ABSTRACT]
Monday, 1st November 2010
- The social intranet fires-up knowledge sharing [ABSTRACT]
Tuesday, 8th June 2010
- The Lean Intranet: from Intranet Zero to Intranet 2.0 and beyond. (Part Three: Intranet 2.0 and Intranet 3.0) [ABSTRACT]
Wednesday, 24th June 2009
- Social Tools for Business Use: Messages from a Web 2.0 Conference
Friday, 31st August 2007
Document the value chain, and transform the way you think about, manage and report on your product portfolio and your information service contributions to your organisation goals.
Director of Research Robin Neidorf describes the benefits of a Consulting Pilot on Value Chain, to tailor this process to your needs and environment:
- Research update - what's your focus in 2021?
Thursday, 7th January 2021
- Research update - peeking around the corner to 2021
Thursday, 17th December 2020
- Research update - what can you leverage in 2021?
Thursday, 3rd December 2020
- Mini review of M-Brain's Intelligence Plaza
Monday, 18th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight (value - purchasing, development and competitor landscape)
Thursday, 14th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight (technology - search & user interface; outputs & alerts; administration)
Wednesday, 13th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight
Monday, 11th January 2021
- Market landscape - patent products
Monday, 21st December 2020
- Product review of TRG Screen's Quest
Friday, 18th December 2020
- Negotiation clinic - role-play and Q&A (Community) Tuesday, 13th April 2021
- Usage data in contract negotiations (Community) Tuesday, 23rd March 2021
- Pricing models for information and data licensing (Community) Tuesday, 2nd March 2021
- Comparative product evaluation - breaking it down into manageable pieces (Webinar) Tuesday, 19th January 2021
- The importance of current awareness tracking (Webinar) Tuesday, 12th January 2021
- State of the Industry, 2021 (Webinar) Tuesday, 5th January 2021