Mini Review of Tableau Desktop
19th March 2015
By Andrew Lucas
As part of the FreePint Topic Series "Making Information Visible", Andrew Lucas reviews Tableau Software's Desktop product, an easy, quick to install and use business intelligence and data visualisation application which is content-agnostic. The company mission is to "help people see and understand data", and Tableau is designed to be used by a wide range of business users and functions - any reasonably proficient Excel user can access its analytical and visualisation capabilities. Competitors in data visualisation range from those at the enterprise end such as IBM and Oracle to Salesforce Analytics Cloud and smaller competitors such as Qlik, Datawatch and Pentaho.
Access to Jinfo articles and reports is a benefit of a Jinfo Subscription.
Does your organisation have a Jinfo Subscription?
"Yes, we subscribe"
Please sign in here so that we can check your access to this item:
Submit the Subscription Question form to find out if someone in your organisation already has a subscription or to discuss your questions or requirements.
Or use the 'Text Chat' button at the bottom-right of this page for immediate assistance.
- Article title: Mini Review of Tableau Desktop
- Link to this page
- View printable version
- Q&A with Lucidworks - Creating Actionable Insights from Data
Tuesday, 17th March 2015
- Is SharePoint Still Relevant in Today's Organisations?
Tuesday, 2nd December 2014
- Turn Your Insights into Action with the Latest Tools for CI Communication
Thursday, 29th May 2014
- 2014 - Reasons to be Cheerful?
Thursday, 2nd January 2014
- Tools that Take Us Beyond Search and Retrieval
Friday, 27th February 2015
- Defining Barriers and Opportunities in Visibility - Preliminary Survey Results
Tuesday, 24th February 2015
- Concluding the FreePint Series: Next-Generation Competitive Intelligence
Monday, 7th July 2014
- The Latest Visualisation Techniques Should Be Part of the CI Professional's Toolbox
Friday, 30th May 2014
- Market landscape - Natural Language Generation tools
Tuesday, 6th December 2016
- Market landscape - competitive intelligence products
Wednesday, 17th August 2016
Improve your negotiation position, measure performance of your portfolio of external content, and communicate more effectively with stakeholders.
A Jinfo Subscription gets you access to activity-based content to move your projects forward, plus dynamic peer group discussions on meaty topics.
- Research update - aspiring to “strategic”? You’re in good company
Thursday, 18th February 2021
- Research update - assess your strategic portfolio management needs
Thursday, 4th February 2021
- Become a more strategic content portfolio manager
Thursday, 28th January 2021
- Dashboard and collaboration (use-case - intelligence)
Wednesday, 17th February 2021
- Comparison of content management features (use-case - intelligence)
Tuesday, 16th February 2021
- Mini review of Global Market Model
Tuesday, 2nd February 2021
- Community deck - State of the industry, 2021
Wednesday, 24th February 2021
- Product review of Aurora's FirstLight
Monday, 11th January 2021
- Market landscape - patent products
Monday, 21st December 2020
- Negotiation clinic - role-play and Q&A (Community) Tuesday, 13th April 2021
- Usage data in contract negotiations (Community) Tuesday, 23rd March 2021
- Pricing models for information and data licensing (Community) Tuesday, 2nd March 2021
- Comparative product evaluation - breaking it down into manageable pieces (Webinar) Tuesday, 19th January 2021
- The importance of current awareness tracking (Webinar) Tuesday, 12th January 2021
- State of the Industry, 2021 (Webinar) Tuesday, 5th January 2021